Thread: Studebaker in "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood" movie

Speedster Member

Studebaker in "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood" movie

My wife and me were dating in college when the Manson murders took place on 8-9 Aug 1969. We were a bit reserved about going to the movie "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood" and dragging all that mess back to mind for a reverse look see with a Hollywood twist on the event ( that murder in our view ) signaled the start of the death of the sixty's. THIS IS NOT A MOVIE REVIEW. About 2/3's into the movie at the opening scene at the Spahn Movie Ranch, when the camera pans right I believe I spotted a 1956 (?) Studebaker, light tan with a white or cream rear flank color accent and it was a four door sedan (mid trim level ?). The car was in the scene about 3-4 seconds. Now being wise to a Studebaker sighting, the show had my FULL attention (not just the movies 60's gals in "full let it all hang out styles"). Near the end of the Spahn on screen event the Studebaker four door is again seen in a pan left shot for about the same length of time. If any of you have seen the picture or are about to see it let me know if I am on track or am having a 60's flash-back! Sherm / Green Bay 63R1089 & 1182

President Member Stude Shoo-wop!'s Avatar
    It was a 1957 Commander four-door with what appeared to be light green and ice white two tone. It was seen heavily abused in the hippie colony. Very fitting considering the social standing of used Studebakers at that point.
    Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Speedster Member
    Hey, thanks for the check out, strange how my wandering mind played color tricks on me, the joys of getting older I guess ! Sherm / Green Bay