Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crazy High Speed Motorcycle Commute by a future organ donor.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by T.J. lavallee View Post
    I've ridden motorcycles for over 40 years carefully. It's not the motorcycle that's so dangerous it's the inattentive car driver. The absolutely dangerous maneuvers the average driver undertakes with total disregard or even self awareness on a daily basis is astounding. Add to that the latest safety technology which contributes to even more inattentive behavior. I've never engaged in lane splitting because I simply don't trust that those operating the cars will attentively stay in their lane. Perhaps already knowing that in the back of your mind is what attributes to your outrage. These speeding lane splitting daredevils putting their blind faith in automobile operators is what's really scary! No thanks. I don't trust anyone driving a car while I'm riding my bike. Would you?
    No outrage here, but definitely no trust either. However, MC riding definitely helps keeps the five senses honed. It's like everything else in life, we pays our and takes our chances. Since you live next door in AZ, maybe zoom over to CA sometimes on your bike and test the waters with lane splitting. You may just discover why it is becoming increasingly accepted and popular. Also, the state of California, for the last few years has been trying to educate the public that lane splitting is a good thing for all, and encouraging cage drivers to be alert and courteous. Not trying to be pro California, just experiences there. Also, my oldest son still lives in San Diego County, and rides a Suzuki GSXR1000. Some of the lane splitters and cagers scare him too, but he just tries to do it sensibly and responsibly.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeHall View Post
      Also, the state of California, for the last few years has been trying to educate the public that lane splitting is a good thing for all, and encouraging cage drivers to be alert and courteous. Not trying to be pro California, just experiences there.
      When I was in San Jose area last May, I noticed cars and trucks will move over (and/or fold in their mirrors in the case of larger trucks with trailer mirrors) when stopped in congested traffic, if able, to give MC riders more room while lane-splitting. I did not see this in 2010 when I was last in the area.

Craig

Comment

Working...
      X