Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Somebody sure wanted a new 1993 Mustang!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Somebody sure wanted a new 1993 Mustang!

YEOW; $58,100! Holy cow! BP

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Wonder what the chances are it will ever see 1000 miles on its odometer in its lifetime?

One of my best friends in high school had his grandmother buy him a brand new Ford GT in 1989. To a kid driving a Gremlin at the time, I thought it was the fastest car on the planet...

Comment

Back and forth between two bidders after $41K. That is what MAKES an auction.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

That is a very high price for a Mustang that had the looks of crunched up card board box compared to a 1993 Chevy Camaro. For the $58,000 they could have purchased a 2019 Corvette C7 for that kind of money. The funny thing about the performance times of the 1993 Mustang Cobra are no better than my stock 1986 Corvette roadster equipped with a four speed manual trans.

John S.

Comment

I had a 1995 Mustang GT for several years that I had purchased from a used car lot back in 1999. At the time it seemed quite powerful, but compared to today's cars, 225 horsepower isn't very much.
          sigpic
          In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Hopefully whoever bought it will take it to some car shows so others car check it out but the new owner is probably some rich guy with a building full of old cars that just sit there all year with a cover on them....
            1949 Studebaker 2R5 half ton pickup...

Comment

I would likely walk right by it at a show and not notice. Too many of them around to be interesting except to a Mustang fan.
              "In the heart of Arkansas."
              Searcy, Arkansas
              1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
              1952 2R pickup

Comment

At this weekend's Mecum auction in Harrisburg, there was a 1996 Mustang SVT Cobra with approximately 200 miles on it that sold no reserve for $17,000.
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I can think of a lot of great cars for the price of that shrunken Mustang. What the?

Comment

I for one like these cars. They are reaching that age that they will be appreciated as a collector car. It happens to all special cars as they reach the magic age of twenty five plus yrs of age. This is the time that astute collectors pounce on the best cars, before the rest of the world discovers that they aren't for sale at used car prices anymore.

In today's market this car was really an anomaly. My guess is what may have started out as case of two guys knowing what they wanted, and having the resources available to buy the best, turned into a situation where neither was willing to say uncle.

Comment

Working...
                    X