Hagerty does not recognize SDC or AOAI clubs for the 5% insurance discount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hagerty does not recognize SDC or AOAI clubs for the 5% insurance discount

They do recognize the Corvair Club, Various Mustang and Porsche Clubs, Triumph Motorcycle, various antique car clubs and sports car clubs, etc. etc.

They are looking into this on their end (I added a car to my policy and the discount feature came to my attention.)

Seriously, if they recognize the Corvair Club, then they should recognize our clubs too.

Anyone else look into this?

We HAVE TO BE Larger than half of those "Clubs" if not ALL!
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

We HAVE TO BE Larger than half of those "Clubs" if not ALL!
      Larger than one of the many Mustang clubs? Dream on - there are 3 in Kansas and they all have large memberships and big turnouts for meets and shows.
      The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

I doubt that it is the size of the club, but rather the number of members that have insurance with them.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I think it is more an issue that they simply have not considered the SDC or AOAI. The rep I talked to is looking into things.

The fact that Hagerty offers insurance for locked garages, car ports w/3 walls enclosed, car ports, and driveways means to me that we should make an effort to do business with them. JC Taylor would not insure my cars because my regularly insured daily driver was TOO OLD!

Comment

Originally posted by tomhoo View Post
            I think it is more an issue that they simply have not considered the SDC or AOAI. The rep I talked to is looking into things.

The fact that Hagerty offers insurance for locked garages, car ports w/3 walls enclosed, car ports, and driveways means to me that we should make an effort to do business with them. JC Taylor would not insure my cars because my regularly insured daily driver was TOO OLD!
            My 1959 is insured with JC Taylor. It's a agreed value policy for a car not used for daily transportation. I think that is their specialty as opposed to insuring daily drivers which are so old that repair from serious damage might an extremely costly job which is beyond what a regular body shop would do. Not many body shops will want to work on a car for which used parts must be scrounged to repair it.

Comment

To get Collector Car Insurance, you have to have at least one "ordinary" car insured for daily use. JC Taylor ALSO REQUIRES that that "ordinary" car be less than 20 years old. (I think it is 20 years, but may be some other arbitrary number.)

My daily driver is a 1974 Datsun 620 pickup so JC Taylor would not insure my car collection.

My suspicion is that JCT suspects fraud when the DD is of collectible vintage.

Comment

Originally posted by tomhoo View Post
                To get Collector Car Insurance, you have to have at least one "ordinary" car insured for daily use. JC Taylor ALSO REQUIRES that that "ordinary" car be less than 20 years old. (I think it is 20 years, but may be some other arbitrary number.)

My daily driver is a 1974 Datsun 620 pickup so JC Taylor would not insure my car collection.

My suspicion is that JCT suspects fraud when the DD is of collectible vintage.
                I left J.C.Taylor many years ago for Haggerty. I didn't know about that rule. My newest car is 18 years old.
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I've had JC Taylor insurance on my antiques for ~45 years, and never heard of that rule either. I will admit that that requirement may now be buried in the policy text somewhere, but I doubt that the issue came up when I first got the policy. In any case, my newest daily drivers (both with regular plates and insurance) are both 24 years old.
                  Skip Lackie

Comment

"We HAVE TO BE Larger than half of those "Clubs" if not ALL!" And, therein might be the rub! Size might not seem so good when doling out discounts.

Comment

Working...
                    X