SDC Forum Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chris Pile View Post
    Still having problems staying logged on.... ALSO, it tells me that the URL is faulty and redirects me. If I click on "new posts" it will then let me on and read as normal.... But when I come back again, same crap all over again. It's NOT at my end.
    Far from a computer expert, but it sounds to me like you are using the old http address and not the new https address.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Pile View Post
      Still having problems staying logged on.... ALSO, it tells me that the URL is faulty and redirects me. If I click on "new posts" it will then let me on and read as normal.... But when I come back again, same crap all over again. It's NOT at my end.
      Odd that so many of us don't have any problems with this site if the problem is the site.

Mac
      OS Mojave
      Version 10.14.5
      Chrome (but also works fine with Firefox and Safari)

Are those of you that are having problems done EVERYTHING outlined by Clark in post #7...step by step?
      Last edited by Dick Steinkamp; 08-04-2019, 11:35 AM.
      Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Comment

Originally posted by WCP View Post
        No problem here, with Safari browser!
        x2..............
        1949 Studebaker 2R5 half ton pickup...

Comment

My log on started doing the same thing about two weeks ago. Since then my computer died and I got a new one. It's still doing the same thing with the new machine. All I have to do though is click log in, then it changes to a new message and page, then click log in again and it logs on. all without typing anything.

Comment

Here I thought the problem was my geriatric computer and obsolete operating system. Often I will log in at the General Discussion page as my bookmark is for that location. It routinely refuses my information and throws me to the base menu. When I re-enter exactly the same information, it accepts it and logs me in.

I have correc
            ted the address to include, "https//" where it didn't before. I didn't even check before as everything worked till recently. Slowly but surely my version of Vista and Chrome are becoming incompatible with the sites I visit. I will have to eventually break down and buy a new computer I suppose..
            Last edited by studeclunker; 08-04-2019, 03:34 PM. Reason: Incompatibilible fonts, etc... again...
            Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
            K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
            Ron Smith
            Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

It has not shown my name for logging in for several years now, and yes, I have done and re-done all that Clark suggests, so I just gave up and sign in everything each time. I tried leaving myself signed in always a couple of times and that created more problems. Oh well, 6 letters and the password aren't that big of a job to type in each visit, ha !

Comment

I'm still having the same problem. I've done exactly what Clark prescribed to the "T". I use Google Chrome and never had a problem until about two weeks ago, when this problem cropped up. Discovered a twist yesterday. Now, when I bring up the site, it shows that I'm not logged in and certain features are not present, ie., the classified section does not appear on the page, and I can't post. Yesterday, I accidently hit the Forum button, just above PM, the page reopened, showed me to be logged in with several messages waiting, all the features were present and allows me to post. Same thing this morning. Strange, very strange, but it seems to work???

Could someone send me a PM, just to see if that works as well?
                Bo

Comment

Bo, PM sent at 10:04 am Eastern time.
                  Paul
                  Winston-Salem, NC
                  Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
                  Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

Bo, you can also set the options in your account control panel to send you an email whenever you get a PM.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by r1lark View Post
                      Bo, PM sent at 10:04 am Eastern time.
                      Paul,

PM works with the switch to the Forum. Strange, very strange.... Never had any problems before???
                      Bo

Comment

Working...
                      X