1958 packard 2 door hardtop not a hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1958 packard 2 door hardtop not a hawk

i recently bought gaskets for front and rear glass from Studebaker International

the rear window gasket is too big and will not stretch onto the glass seems there is a inch or so to much rubber

is it possible to cut the rubber and install? what would be best way to secure the cut when installed ?

thanks , Joe Parsons

Joe Parsons

Did you call Studebaker International and ask them? They may have a solution for this.

Comment

I contacted Studebaker International and they are checking the rubber and said they would get back to me
      Joe

Joe Parsons

Comment

Joe, I’ve used super glue at the joint on regular door gaskets and it worked very well. You might experiment with two small section you cut from the extra large gasket.

Comment

Have you tried to install the back window yet? I think you will find the slack will disappear when it is installed. I wouldn't cut it yet. Is this gasket NOS or re-pro?
          KURTRUK
          (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

its a nos from Studebaker international I also need the stainless trim molding on right side top Thanks Joe

Joe Parsons

Comment

So if it's NOS, I doubt if it is made wrong. Years ago we had problems with some gaskets for 61-70 Dodge truck windshields. Seemed way too big. Top quality aftermarket manufacturer said, they're not too big. Just install it. Sure enough, fit just fine.
              KURTRUK
              (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Working...
              X