Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine: McKinnon 283 engine parts

Hi everyone,
    I'm restoring a 66 McKinnon built 283 and need to locate a set of .030 over OEM pistons. I don't want to use an offshore cast piston as the compression height is incorrect and I want to maintain the 9:4-1 compression ratio. Decking the block is not an option and I've looked at some Silvolite pistons with the correct compression height but they are not compatable with the 520 heads that the motor was built with. Any help would be much appreciated.
    Thanks,
    John

Here are some from Summit Racing. If you don't see what you want, call the companies named directly.

Good luck

Bob

Comment

You could contact Studebaker International and ask Jim or Cory which Chev. Parts Supplier bought all the OEM Studebaker Factory NOS GM Engine Parts.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
        You could contact Studebaker International and ask Jim or Cory which Chev. Parts Supplier bought all the OEM Studebaker Factory NOS GM Engine Parts.
        Good point Rich, I shouldn't have assumed they hadn't bought those parts. Bob

Comment

Hi and thanks for the tip. I did locate the person who bought up most of the McKinnon inventory but was told the pistons were not taken with the sale. The reason that they didn't take them was as I was told they were packaged individually by part numbers only and there were just hundreds of them and it would have been far too time consuming to sort them out, seems like an odd reason to me but there it is.
          Thanks,
          John

Comment

So that is good News then, they would possibly still be in Hope Indiana at S.I. !

Chev. people would not know how to use a Studebaker Chassis Parts Catalog!
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
            X