1953 Wagon progress #5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1953 Wagon progress #5

I have not been able to get photographs of my current project for an update because the brake rotors will not fit a standard steel rim so the car has been confined to my shop. The rims and tires have arrived and are on, I have had a tune on the ECU for the motor, almost all upholstery is done and I am installing front fenders, grill and hood in the next week. Here are a few pics.
    Attached Files

Slick machine.
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Mighty cool indeed!
      (But it would've been even cooler with tires instead of tape, that's my bad taste... )

Comment

No 1953 wagons were build.
        1954 was the first year for a wagon.

Comment

Originally posted by rkapteyn View Post
          No 1953 wagons were build.
          1954 was the first year for a wagon.
          Looks like they have taken a C-bodied coupe and are making a wagon out of it.

That looks really cool - must have been a real challenge grafting the wagon roof to the coupe and rear. Would love to hear details.

Comment

Cruzzar- Fantastic work! I hadn't seen your other reports, so I went back and looked at your progress posts #1- #4. Just awesome! Can't wait to see it done! Did you have any conceptual drawings to go by, or did you just 'go for it'?
            -Matt

1963 GT Hawk
            1960 Metropolitan Convertible
            1972 AMC Javelin/ AMX
            1956 Cushman Eagle

Comment

VERY COOL! Is there a gentleman's chop on that roof?
              Mike Davis
              1964 Champ 8E7-122 "Stuey"

Comment

That's the best looking Stude wagon I have ever seen. Can't wait to see the finished product.
                Jerry Forrester
                Forrester's Chrome
                Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Forrester View Post
                  That's the best looking Stude wagon I have ever seen. Can't wait to see the finished product.
                  I agree...and once this thing is on the road...there will be a whole 'nuther explanation why California is SHAKING!
                  John Clary
                  Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Wow, like I really mean WOW! Can't wait to see the finished product. cheers, junior
                    sigpic
                    1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Beautiful!
                      Dick Steinkamp
                      Bellingham, WA

Comment

Nice work, always thought fitting the roof from a '60-'61 two door wagon with the thinner top panel and pillars would create one slick 'what if'.

Steve

Comment

Is there any chance you’ll be ready for the zone meet in Sacramento? I sure hope so can’t wait to see it in person. Very very nice.

Comment

Very nice, looking forward to seeing it on the road. Bob

Comment

That is really impressive. I've been looking forward to seeing it for a long time. What did you use for the rear pillars? They look just like stock pillars. Incredible body work!
                              RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
                              4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
                              5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Working...
                              X