No announcement yet.

3 Speed Automatic Transmission Shift '58 and Later

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transmission / Overdrive: 3 Speed Automatic Transmission Shift '58 and Later

The transmission starts off in second gear but I do not feel it shift for higher speeds. My understanding is there is a coordination between the throttle control rod at the carb and the transmission pressure rod at the transmission thus facilitating a shift to the higher gear. Can someone shed light as to how to adjust these two? I've read the book but...Chet

I think I've got a similar issue..... Maybe we can con someone into a Youtube Video.....

Comment

Plug a pressure gauge into the trans and start shortening the TV rod between trans and bell crank. i used taxi spec for a later , firmer shift. check manual for plug location for gauge. Luck Doofus

Comment

When you are out on the road, can you floor the accelerator and feel it downshift? My 60 sometimes feels like it did not shift to third, but downshifts when I floor it.
        RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
        4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
        5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

3 speed automatic transmission shift '58 and later

Originally posted by chet445 View Post
          The transmission starts off in second gear but I do not feel it shift for higher speeds. My understanding is there is a coordination between the throttle control rod at the carb and the transmission pressure rod at the transmission thus facilitating a shift to the higher gear. Can someone shed light as to how to adjust these two? I've read the book but...Chet
          Mrs K Corbin... Check PM. Chet

Comment

Working...
          X