New book on the M29 Weasel...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by studegary View Post
    I don't think so, but I could be wrong. I usually remember all sorts of details about a vehicle, except color. I am not color blind. I do remember the colors of the 100+ cars that I have personally owned. Where I last worked, the Sales Manager used to fool with me on this. I would go out and evaluate a trade in. I would come back in and give him year, make, model, miles, condition in and out. Then he would ask what color it was. I had to go back out. He was just messing with me because it did not make much of a difference.
    I bet if it was painted an unusual color, you'd remember it, especially if you had to resell of it.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
      I bet if it was painted an unusual color, you'd remember it, especially if you had to resell of it.

Craig
      The vast majority of what we took in trade was wholesaled out for what we had in the units. We only kept the cream of the crop for our used car lot. Also, the Sales Manager only wanted Chrysler products on the used car lot even though we took everything in on trade. Once, on the Sales Manager's day off, I took in a very nice Camaro. I put it for sale out front that afternoon. By the next morning, the Sales Manager had wholesaled it to another dealer. Over the next few days, I got calls on that car from people that knew that it was here or knew that we took it in trade.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Yup, I'm real close to Florida highway 44 from Crystal river all the way to the east coast. I haven't seen a weasel along the roadside anywhere on that stretch of road in the last 7 years I've lived here. I do remember there was a weasel listed on one of the sites that was located in Inglis Fl., but I never checked it out. Inglis is very near here also but I rarely travel that area. I'll be on 44 again tomorrow, so maybe I'll take a ride to have a specific look. Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Colgate Studebaker View Post
          Yup, I'm real close to Florida highway 44 from Crystal river all the way to the east coast. I haven't seen a weasel along the roadside anywhere on that stretch of road in the last 7 years I've lived here. I do remember there was a weasel listed on one of the sites that was located in Inglis Fl., but I never checked it out. Inglis is very near here also but I rarely travel that area. I'll be on 44 again tomorrow, so maybe I'll take a ride to have a specific look. Bill
          Thanks for the reply. That Weasel probably got moved.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

if that $2500 weasel ever turned up again, i'd probably get a winch and trailer and go get it.

Comment

OK guys, I took a ride yesterday on Fla.44 from Crystal River into Inverness and I did not see a weasel along either side of that stretch of the road. Bill

Comment

Working...
              X