1957 Golden Hawk Registry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1957 Golden Hawk Registry

The following was posted on a discussion regarding a 1958 Golden Hawk Register. Since it involves a different topic, I thought I'd start it as a new discussion, so anyone interested might be able to find it easier.

Originally posted by vmania View Post
    How about a ‘57 GH registry?... anybody doing one or considering one?...anybody got an idea on how many drivable 57’s are left?... Thx
    As usual, I'm a little late to the party, but since you brought it up, I hope this answers your question:

FYI:
    Mark Wheeler has a page identifying Studebaker Registers, on the SDC Web Site: at: http://www.studebakerdriversclub.com You can find the link to the 57 GH Registry there.

Frank A

I have my doubts as to how many know the register exists. Why else would there only be 38 members? Figures I have seen indicate that 4356 GH's produced in 1957. Number so survivors far smaller then what I would expect for a special model like the GH.

Compared to the 1955 Speedster, the production of which was only 2215 and having <10%> survival, I would expect more GH's. I know the Speedster register is much older, but I have to believe that much of the difference can be attributed to the the energy that the present holder of the Speedster register pursued current ownership. No disrespect to the current holder of the GH register.

Another thought just occurred to me. Maybe with Facebook seeking to replace current forums with it's own offerings, will it ever be possible to again convene a quorum capable of doing what was accomplished for the Speedster.

Comment

I sent a message to Dave through the Yahoo page. There isn't any access to a register and the page hasn't been updated since 2017. I'll update this if I hear anything back.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Klinger View Post
        I sent a message to Dave through the Yahoo page. There isn't any access to a register and the page hasn't been updated since 2017. I'll update this if I hear anything back.
        I did hear back from Dave, sounds like the registry is active and just needs to be publicized so more owners know about it.

Hello Mark,

I am definitely the point person forthe 57 registry. I will check the database tonight to verify your data.

Viewing the registry is notcurrently available. I would entertain some suggestions on how to publishthis info without causing people to feel like their protected data is beingerroneously published. I can talk to Frank and see if he has a filteredpublished list that he supports. In general, I think that we can publishsome "de-identified" info from the the registry. I will lookinto this as well.

Dave

Comment

Mark, You can see the list I publish for 56Js at http://1956goldenhawk.com/56jcarlist.pdf

I'll write to Dave and let him know also.
          Frank

Comment

It is better to use social media; Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc, but Facebook in particular.

I’d recommend setting up a specific 57 Studebaker Golden Hawk group page and then spread the word they Dan Scott’s FF Hawk group page, Studebaker Addicts, SDC FB group page and all affiliated SDC groups, which ought to get you the most accurate and comprehensive idea of cars.

Of course, if a global ‘view’ is desirable, same process targeting global Studebaker FB group pages; can be and will take a bit of time..,,
            Richard
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X