Good News the Whistler is registered for MCACN 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good News the Whistler is registered for MCACN 2019

Recently talked with John and the plans are made to display it this year also planning on Famous Dave Walters lettering live during the Show like he did Gary Woods 63 last year . That was the 1st time a car was lettered during the Show and entertained the public as well as Team Stude doing something the others haven’t . They keep the Show fresh and cars aren’t typically allowed back for at least 3 years but George Krem’s Plain Brown Wrapper is an exception and registered to be in the Pure Stock Display hosted by Donny Brass . Gary Wood will also be back this year with his finished 1963 Daytona . We are lucky Nelson Bove has a lot of cool Studes and returning again this year with his Black 64 R-3 powered Avanti . Others are in the works but would like a car to be in the Barn Finds Display and open to other cars or Stude fans joining us again this year . My cell is 708 250-2213 to answer and questions .

Indeed, Ed!

We are looking forward to seeing these "lettered" Studebakers at this year's MCACN!!

Further progress Gary has made: https://forum.studebakerdriversclub....the-MCACN-show

Craig
    Last edited by 8E45E; 07-17-2019, 04:07 AM.

Comment

Great news Ed, looking forward to seeing it. The Whistler is a car that really fired me up about the R2s!!
      Eric DeRosa

\'63 R2 Lark
      \'60 Lark Convertible

Comment

No car more deserving than the Whistler, for some fine new lettering. Congrats.0
        Tom Senecal Not enough money or years to build all of the Studebakers that I think I can.

Comment

OK Dumb question: What's MCACN?

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs K Corbin View Post
            OK Dumb question: What's MCACN?
            See here: https://forum.studebakerdriversclub....ighlight=mcacn

Craig

Comment

That's great news indeed, Ed; thanks for another good score! BP
              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Definitely looking forward to seeing the Whistler in full dress and getting lettered and excited to see Gary’s car in the finished state. It’s really cool to see two of the old Stude contenders in person and being cared for. It’s unusual but both of these cars are known, or were known, for putting away strong Pontiac contenders.

Comment

Kool! where is it this year?

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs K Corbin View Post
                    Kool! where is it this year?
                    The Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals is always [to date] at the Donald Stevens Convention Center in Rosemont IL, a western Chicago suburb. The event always [to date] takes place the Saturday and Sunday before Thanksgiving Day. BP
                    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

We're working on having a fully dressed(R2+4 speed) Avanti display chasis there this year. I'll know more as it gets closer to show date.
                      Bez Auto Alchemy
                      573-318-8948
                      http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                        The Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals is always at the Donald Stevens Convention Center in Rosemont IL, a western Chicago suburb.
                        Further, Rosemont is right next to O'Hare (ORD), and all the hotels near the Donald E. Stevens convention center have continuous shuttle service to and from the airport; therefore, no need to rent a car while attending.

Craig

Comment

Yes it's true The Whistler is premiering this year at the big Chicago show. Let's start with a few years back Craig invited me out along with my friend Mike and Sebastian Mike wasn't able to make it but Sebastian and I did a red eye express out for Arizona turnaround trip all in one day. I will have to say it's quite a show and even better quite a great group of Studebaker guys most I have never ever met before all very welcoming. I'd like to invite anyone that has ever thought about the show please come life is too short to dream. My pockets are not lined with cash and I'm sure that's how most of us work. I found a way to do it two years ago and now I got to produce a car and get it out there from Arizona. Yes it's going to be a very costly thing on my part so that's why I would like all of you to come see The Whistler Yes I'm very lucky to have found this wonderful car. And all of you that have supporting me and talked me into starting the restoration much sooner than I've ever had planned I do look forward to getting back to my 58 1 ton 9ft bed project. So all of you please please please tell a friend come with a friend and enjoy the show. Thanks John Kroulik

Comment

Oh yeah details of my trip Mike and I are driving to Chicago Mike my navigator and part-time driver will be posting as we go. My wife my friend Sebastian and Kieth Graham will be flying out to meet us there. My wife Kieth Graham and Mike will be flying back after the show. Sebastian will be driving back with me to Phoenix wish us luck.

Comment

John,

All of us there at MCACN in 2016 were glad to see you and Sebastian made the effort to come out, and are looking forward to seeing all of you from AZ again this year! I'm sure many of us can hardly wait to see the Whistler's return to stardom, and I can't think of a better place for it to do so!!

Craig

Comment

Working...
                              X