No announcement yet.

Important museum announcement on the 21 studebaker indy car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Again, thanks Jim, Bob and especially Stu for jumping on Board with this effort to bring this very important 31 Studebaker Indy Car Home to South Bend!! We have five (5) weeks left to gather enough PLEDGES to make this a reality. My request is simple, please all who can please agree to help in this effort.
    Don
    sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

The Michiana Chapter has pledged $1500.00. Any other chapters willing.

Comment

Thank you Jim for the post. I had an email to that effect just a short while ago. I also had one from a California Chapter which in the process of determining their PLEDGE. I ask each member here of the forum to present to their Chapter this opportunity. It takes a mob to make a mountain. Are you willing to help in this effort? Also the SDC's Executive Committee will be presenting to the SDC Board a proposal to take a significant portion of the Club's Restoration Fund PLEDGE it to this effort as well. Can I ask you to consider making a PLEDGE towards the Museum's effort to bring this car home.

Comment

Is Leno still a member of SDC? Or will he be bidding for himself?
          Brad Johnson,
          SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
          '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Brad, he's not listed in the roster. The Museum is reaching out to friends of the SNM including folks of this nature. That's a good thought. Don

Comment

Originally posted by Avantidon View Post
              Thank you Jim for the post. I had an email to that effect just a short while ago. I also had one from a California Chapter which in the process of determining their PLEDGE. I ask each member here of the forum to present to their Chapter this opportunity. It takes a mob to make a mountain. Are you willing to help in this effort? Also the SDC's Executive Committee will be presenting to the SDC Board a proposal to take a significant portion of the Club's Restoration Fund PLEDGE it to this effort as well. Can I ask you to consider making a PLEDGE towards the Museum's effort to bring this car home.
              Don, another possibility is to allocate a plesge from the SNM Capital Cost Committee, if the Museum is not planning on asking for support this year for capital cost items. Bob Henning chaits this committee with Max Gretencord and myself the other members.

Stu Chapman

Comment

Stu,

Already in the works. SDC Board will vote on this at their next scheduled Board meeting in the next two weeks. It will be a significant 5 figure number as a pledge. Copshalom Concours is this coming weekend in South bend and some of those scheduled to show cars at this event will also be informed of our (Museum's) effort to bring this car home. Helping spread the word to Canandian Chapters would be a big help if you would do that. I am working on another angle to get to all chapters this week as well.

Comment

Making my pledge and encouraging WRSDC chapter to do the same.
                  james r pepper

Comment

Folks here is another attempt to rally the troops to our cause. Let's bring #37 home to South Bend!!

Comment

Jim, Thank you for your pledge and for reaching out to your Chapter. This what it takes to make this all possible.

Comment

Can someone clarify Patrick's email as it keeps getting bounced back as not recognized from what was posted here?
                        Thanks,
                        Bill

Comment

Bill, here you go. This is Patrick's email address: PSlebonick@studebakermuseum.org.

Hope this helps you

Comment

Originally posted by Avantidon View Post
                            Folks here is another attempt to rally the troops to our cause. Let's bring #37 home to South Bend!!

https://www.hemmings.com/blog/2019/0...er/?refer=news
                            BP also posted the Hemmings link here: https://forum.studebakerdriversclub....Hoo-we-made-it!

Craig

Comment

Jeff, better to try and lose than never try at all. Yes, it's a gamble but there are times you need to do just that Gamble and this is one of them. In a few weeks we will know if this gamble paid off.

Comment

It seems like very little support expressed by users on this forum. If this was a Corvette more than enough funds would have been pledged by now by Corvette owners. Don’t tell me tell it’s an age difference, just look at who buys new Corvettes.
                                Mike - Assistant Editor, Turning Wheels
                                Fort Worth, TX

Comment

Working...
                                X