• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Garden State chapter will pledge 500.00. Ed

Comment

That’s a nice pledge - way to go!

Comment

Brother Ed, to you and the Garden State Chapter, THANK YOU!!!!
        sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Good News! The Kern County Chapter has pledged $200 and the Karel Staple Chapter has pledged $150.....

Thanks for that news Lou. I will be calling you later this afternoon or tomorrow depending on what my doctor has for news for me.

The Southern Arizona Chapter has a member that has made a pledge of $500.00 individually. He wishes to remain anonymous, so we will respect this. As I learn, and others in the Pacific Southwest Zone that learn of pledges, let's keep the momentum going.

Pleased with all the pledges. So our Zone has $850.00 in pledges so far.

Bob Miles
          Pacific Southwest Zone Coordinator

Comment

Woot woot! Let's keep it up!
            Mike Davis
            1964 Champ 8E7-122 "Stuey"

Comment

Well, price might go up! October, 2019 issue of Collectible Automobi (I got my copy in USPS today) has a ten-page article titled "An Exacting Test: Studebakers at Indianapolis in the Thirties." That's a very long article for them. As usual, detailed and well researched. Makes it clear that 37 is the car to have; it was the prototype for the other four. Pages 48-59. Not clear if they knew it would be up for auction (given their lead-times for publication, probably not). At p. 95 (where they talk about values of cars they write about) it says: "The price, if and when one comes up, will depend on the car's racing history (and the buyer and seller on that day). But, given their significance, the Studebakers would realize at least high six-figure amounts." Keep those pledges coming, and encourage high-dollar folks to contribute or, perhaps, loan the car to S. Bend if they end up owning it.

Comment

Thanks Herb for this Post. I knew the article was coming in this issue of Collectible Car but had no idea it was so long. As you have aptly said now all members will know how important this car is to Studebaker's history and why we need to bring it home to South bend. The Museum is also in this fight and is reaching out to all their friends and members as well. Thank you for encouraging a high dollar pledge from someone lurking on this site. I do know there have been several five figure pledges from folks who read the forum daily and they are appreciated as do all of the pledges. As I've said it takes a crowd to build a mountain and we sure have a crowd helping to build this mountain. Hopefully there are more among us including local chapters that can and will join in our quest to bring #37 home to South bend.

Comment

Pat's email address kicked back as invalid just now. Any suggestions?
                  Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

I know this it. I emailed him yesterday and he replied: PSlebonick@studebakermuseum.org. Please try again. You may get an out of the office message as he is away for a few days with his wife and Mother

Comment

Originally posted by t walgamuth View Post
                      Pat's email address kicked back as invalid just now. Any suggestions?
                      I had the same experience but tried again later and it went through.
                      Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
                      50 Champion 2 door*
                      53 Commander K Auto*
                      53 Commander K overdrive*
                      55 President Speedster
                      62 GT 4Speed*
                      63 Avanti R1*
                      64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

The Atlantic Canada Chapter SDC will be making a pledge. This was approved by members attending a meeting today.
                        Bill Jarvis

Comment

Don and Atlantic Canada Chapter THANK YOU for joining in our campaign to bring #37 home.

Comment

The Atlantic Canada Chapter SDC has made a pledge.
                            Bill Jarvis

Comment

I am incredibly proud of the members of the North Texas Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club in a pledge of $ 1,931.37 towards the effort to bring the 1931 Indy race car, number 37 to the Studebaker Museum. A unanimous vote by members at a Saturday meeting made this generous pledge possible. A heartfelt thanks to Gary and all the members towards this effort...Mike
                              Mike - Assistant Editor, Turning Wheels
                              Fort Worth, TX

Comment

Mike,

To you and all of the members of the North Texas Chapter I say Thank you for this very generous pledge towards bringing this historic Indy Car home to South Bend.

Comment

Working...
                                X