Hagerty Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hagerty Insurance

I just insured my 57 GH thru Hagerty/Essentia.... $80k value and I keep Car if totaled, $655 per year.... Does this sound good and fair?.... Thanks as always!!... Biff

I have all of my cars insured with Hagerty and have been a policyholder with them for over 10 years. Have a had one claim and no problems at all. Premium seems reasonable for the value.
    sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

[QUOTE=vmania;1160318]I just insured my 57 GH thru Hagerty/Essentia.... $80k value and I keep Car if totaled, $655 per year.... Does this sound good and fair?.... Thanks as always!!... Biff[/QUO

I've used Hagerty for many years, never had a claim, so no personal experience, but I have heard they are good. Premium sounds reasonable, but watch out for use requirements.

The policy I have allows driving only for test/maintenance and for events, shows, club sponsored road trips and the like.

Comment

I've got my '67 Pontiac insured with Hagerty for 25+ years. The Stude is with AAA, since it's in the driveway

I've always found Hagerty's prices to be fair and their service excellent.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

I am truly surprised that Hagerty would have accepted an $80K value for any post war Studebaker, including a 57 GH. I would be interested in finding out how/why they would have put themselves in possible financial jeopardy, by agreeing to a value that seems so far divorced from the established value for this model.

Comment

Originally posted by Hallabutt View Post
            I am truly surprised that Hagerty would have accepted an $80K value for any post war Studebaker, including a 57 GH. I would be interested in finding out how/why they would have put themselves in possible financial jeopardy, by agreeing to a value that seems so far divorced from the established value for this model.
            There have been several sell in the $100K range over the last several years and their site puts a concours level restoration at $73K. I believe the OP's 57 is recently restored by a quality firm IIRC recent posts. I sure would like to see a few pictures of the subject car however.

Bob

Comment

I had two cars insured with them, one for 25K value and one for 10k. From one year to the next my premium doubled without explanation. So I switched to American Collectors Insurance. Higher valued, less money. Are they any good? Well, I can't say because I haven't crashed things yet.

Comment

I am using Heacock as they allow me to have the car titled in one State and stored in another. they stepped up and agreed to value my 64 Avanti R2 at $75k as that car won first place a few years ago at the Greenwich CT Concours
                Mark

Comment

Thanks Guys!!...It’s a frame off restoration from Craig Piper of Westmoreland Antique Restoration. Completely stock except for adding a T400 tranny and single driveshaft ( have originals) Not a penny was spared, replaced the fenders and doors with NOS rather than repair the small rust spots, fortunate to get a set of the SS door sills from Victor, SS exhaust. The car is almost complete and I’ll post pics here soon, I’ve got before and after photos.... White, Gold fins and interior... Very Excited!!!!! Been a long and expensive venture😄😄

Comment

If Craig Piper did the car Hagerty is going to have and did not have a problem with the $80K request. Crig does suoer work and I know you will be pleased with it when he is done. Known him for a long time and seen cars that he has restored through the years including a 58 Packard Hawk.
                    sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Originally posted by hitbyastick View Post
                      I had two cars insured with them, one for 25K value and one for 10k. From one year to the next my premium doubled without explanation. So I switched to American Collectors Insurance. Higher valued, less money. Are they any good? Well, I can't say because I haven't crashed things yet.
                      I had a similar situation with JC Taylor, who upped my premium as well, though not as drastically as yours. I shopped around and decided on Grundy, who may wind up doing the same thing next or subsequent years, but that's just how it is with all insurances as all they want to do is deposit checks and not have to pay any claims. Here's an idea: why not form a kind of insurance co-op through the SDC so we can get lower rates?
                      peter lee

Comment

Biff,

Your car sounds great! At the risk of sounding presumptuous, may I ask what use do you intend for the car? By this I mean will show the car and drive it seldom, or drive it while showing it, until it will require additional work to bring it back up to show standards, or just drive and display the car and ignore judging? I think I know the answer, but I would like to hear it from you.

Bill

Comment

I simply love the lines of the car and wanted to preserve it the best I could. My original intent was to do a Driver restoration however Craig convinced me to do a frame off as the car was an excellent candidate. With that being said my plans are to rub on it, marvel at it and occasionally drive it. I have no intentions of showing it or having it judged.

Comment

Biff,

A substantial number of us have started with the idea of preservation as a goal, only to become carried away by the the process of restoration. I think that it would be fun to check back with you in a few years to see how your goals might have changed.

Bill

Comment

Anyone have thoughts on Grundy Insurance?
                              Joshua - "AutoRestoNewb"
                              1962 Lark Cruiser
                              YouTube Channel

Comment

Working...
                              X