Thread: Craftsman/Harris torch service parts

President Member

Craftsman/Harris torch service parts

A tech question but not a Studebaker tech question.

I have a Craftsman Welding/Cutting torch set, #313.54426 (that's the number on the handle), that my father purchased back in 1979/80. it gave us decades of service until the corrosiveness of the acetylene ate the o rings at the base of the torch head. Sears no longer carries replacement parts for this generation of torches. I did some research this evening and discovered that it was manufactured by Harris for Sears. I once went to a welding supply store and the mere mention of Craftsman ended any discussion of service parts. The brand name Harris may keep the counterman more engaged than walking in and asking for parts for a craftsman anything.

That being said, anyone out there know anything about replacement parts for old torches?
    \"I\'m getting nowhere as fast as I can\"
    The Replacements.

Harris o-rings

I came up with this on Amazon, but not sure which model you have. There are many more sources online under Harris torch parts. https://www.amazon.com/Harris-Model-Cutting-Rebuild-Repair/dp/B06X418ZMZ/ref=sr_1_13?crid=2JTFNTGQXWCM&keywords=harris+cutting+torch+repair+kit&qid=1 Looks like my copy and paste didn't work, but search Harris torch repair parts and you should find what you need.
    Last edited by tsenecal; 06-02-2019 at 10:01 AM. Reason: Add content

President Member
    Good news!

I went to a welding supply shop this afternoon and I have replacement o rings on their way. The fact the my Craftsman torch was manufactured by Harris gave the counterman a place to start and after 10 to 15 minutes of consulting Harris catalogs and the internet he found the part numbers for the large and smaller o rings in the torch. The parts themselves only run $1.30 and $1.27 respectively and I did buy a few extras. FWIW, the original o rings lasted about 35 years.
    \"I\'m getting nowhere as fast as I can\"
    The Replacements.