Thread: Jack Willis of the Rock River Valley Chapter SDC passed away this morning May 18th 2019

Commander Member

Jack Willis of the Rock River Valley Chapter SDC passed away this morning May 18th 2019

It is with great sadness that I bring the news that Jack Willis, another significant SDC member has passed away this morning at about 1:30 am. Jack had been suffering with chronic heart problems for several years now. Jack was a past president of the Rock River Valley Chapter of SDC from 2001 to 2017 and was responsible for clubs highest membership (several years over 100 members). He was also a member of Black Hawk and Wisconsin Region Chapters. He was the Illinois Regional Manager for the Upper Mississippi Valley Zone for many years as well.

I first met Jack when I joined the National, but not the local Chapter. Jack pursued me like he would anyone else he though might join. I said, no thanks, but like usual Jack didn't give up and after sometime I did join and it has been the highlight of our car club experience. Thank-you Jack and may you rest in peace.

Jerry Johnson

Jack was a great guy and was an example of how things could be done in our organization. Jack used to call me at least once a week bragging about signing up another one or two members to the RRVC. He was our excellent Regional Manager for Illinois for a number of years until health issues slowed him down. I advised him to "Take care of your health & we will try to take care of your Studebaker Drivers Club duties". He was the one to recommend Paul Windish to take over his position as Regional Manager for Illinois & we have been doing fine. The Studebaker world lost another great leader. May God continue to bless the Willis family!