Ran when parked?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ran when parked?

More likely parked where it quit running. Came across this one while turkey hunting Wednesday morning.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	0508190907.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	193.1 KB
ID:	1760510
    Dwight 54 Commander hardtop

Looks like the turkeys stripped the motor out of it.
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Lots of old cars have been dragged to the back side of a pasture or tract of woods just to get them out of the way. My wife's grandparents had several in the woods behind their house. No Studes though.
      "In the heart of Arkansas."
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

Uncle Floyd died. His car sat in yard for ten years before we finally hooked it to the tractor and hauled it out of sight. Ran when parked. (30 years ago) $3,500.

Comment

OR... if it is as isolated as it looks, stolen, used in a crime and hidden!
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

"Ran when parked?"

Anybody still alive to verify that?

Comment

The "ran when parked" title was my attempt at humor, playing off a recent thread discussing that claim. This car was my friends cousins field car. They drove it 'til it died, and it sits in that spot today. It was stripped of usable parts years ago, and the woods have grown up around it. I never knew about it 'til I came across it Wednesday. I couldn't resist taking a picture to share here.
              Dwight 54 Commander hardtop

Comment

... and I couldn't resist my own feeble attempt at humor either...

Thanks!

Comment

I once bought an Austen A40 that we had to literally cut down a tree that had grown up through the empty engine compartment. Lots of giggles and laughs. Don
                  Don Watson
                  61 Hawk

Comment

"To the vile dust from whence [it] sprung; unwept, unhonored, and unsung." --Sir Walter Scott (1771–1832)
                    Brad Johnson,
                    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Great quote by a man that was dead for over seven decades before the 1st Studebaker car.

Comment

I bought a 2cv AK400 (google that ) once (actually 2 times but different cars) & this one was sitting for some years & had thorn bushes growing everywhere, even inside! So I went there with battery, gas & towline & the woman replied "you don't need that stuff, I't will run on it's own" & yep; "yugg... yugg... WROOOM", it DID!
                        (Inspired by #9)
                        Last edited by Noxnabaker; 05-11-2019, 12:41 PM.

Comment

I "Ran when Parked" too, when I was younger. Now I'm happy just to be able to walk.
                          peter lee

Comment

Originally posted by plee4139 View Post
                            I "Ran when Parked" too, when I was younger. Now I'm happy just to be able to walk.
                            Me too, but I walk slow.

Comment

Originally posted by whitehawk759 View Post
                              I once bought an Austen A40 that we had to literally cut down a tree that had grown up through the empty engine compartment. Lots of giggles and laughs. Don

Wow, an A40. It's one of the cars my kids are still mad at me for trading for a motorcycle.
                              "Man plans, God laughs".

Anon

Comment

Working...
                              X