Saying Goodbye to High School!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saying Goodbye to High School!

Well, this was it. My last day of high school! The sheer amount of emotion that was present was overwhelming. It's as though there was a groundswell of the stuff that had built up and on this day it decided to release all at once like an oil rig. I had partnered up with a good buddy of mine to air this to the whole school as a nice farewell message.

NOTE: Seeds is a publication that I worked for at the high school. If anyone would actually like to see the commercials in question, please let me know!
    Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Nice job Jake; CONGRATS!!

Comment

Congrats!! Graduating is DEFINITELY a rewarding accomplishment
      Charles

1961 Lark Regal VIII 259/auto -- Lucy

Comment

That was beautiful Jake. Your use of video to express yourself will know no bounds. I hope your fellow students enjoyed and appreciated you're entertaining videos. Now, get out there and do the same for the rest of the world.
        Ed Sallia
        Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Well done, Jake. Congratulations and all the best. BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Congratulations!!
            Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Avanti Jake, well done - Bob

Comment

Jake: Thank you for your most welcome posts. Best wishes on this next step in your journey through life.
                "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." author unknown

Comment

Jake,
                  You are truly instrumental in furthering our hobby into the new generation and promoting our favorite namesake, Studebaker. A long time ago, when I was 18, I purchased my first Studebaker, a 1963 Gran Turismo Hawk similar to yours. I still have it 51 years later and still love it as much as when I was your age.
                  Huge congrats on your graduation and your move to the next phase of your life. I am sure it will be a great trip for you. Enjoy yourself.
                  Cheers,
                  Bill

Comment

Congrats Jake, just remember your Stude won't be a chick magnet. It will however attract every old guy around!! Ha ha!

Comment

Jake: Thank you for your most welcome posts. Best wishes on this next step in your journey through life.
                      "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." author unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Son O Lark View Post
                        Congrats Jake, just remember your Stude won't be a chick magnet. It will however attract every old guy around!! Ha ha!
                        Actually, it may well be a chick magnet. My Studebaker's attract them all the time. They are just all over 50.
                        Ed Sallia
                        Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Eddie View Post
                          Actually, it may well be a chick magnet. My Studebaker's attract them all the time. They are just all over 50.
                          I had the opposite problem when I was trailering my Lark home from Arizona. 3 different females made comments of "nice car", "I like your car", etc. Problem was that all looked to be under the age of twelve. I thanked them for their compliment, told them they were welcome to look closer at the car and made sure I was at least 10 feet away from them at any time. I have had a couple of younger girls look at the car at shows, and maintain the same distance. Sad that you have to do that these days, but the world has changed into a mighty scary place at times for a male.
                          Money may not buy happiness, but it's more comfortable to cry in a Mercedes than on a bicycle.

Comment

I don't believe anyone leaving school, or a long-term place of employment really has to say 'farewell' anymore with the advent of Social Media. One just will no longer physically see familiar faces on a daily basis.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
                              I don't believe anyone leaving school, or a long-term place of employment really has to say 'farewell' anymore with the advent of Social Media. One just will no longer physically see familiar faces on a daily basis.

Craig
                              I agree. Just today, I communicated with high school classmates located from Virginia to Maine to New Mexico and that is after more years than most here have been alive.
                              Gary L.
                              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
                              X