Latest Mecum auction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest Mecum auction

This seems like a steal to me--Am I missing something?

Generally non stock cars sell for less than originals.
    Bez Auto Alchemy
    573-318-8948
    http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

$6600 looks like a steal to me

Comment

I'm sick. That is an amazing price for that car. I have been lusting after a Sky Hawk for a couple of years now and everything I have seen in good shape was 2 to 3 times that price. I could kick myself for letting this one slip by me.
        Ed Sallia
        Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Bezhawk, what was non stock?

Comment

The seats were in wrong material and the back seat was not from a 56 Hawk. I watched the car go across the block on my cell and I imagine the owner must have been feeling ill after being suckered by the auction house to put the car thru on NR; such BS from the auction houses ~ tried it on me last year when I put my 56 Golden Hawk thru auction in the UK, I refused
            Richard
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coupe Express View Post
              $6600 looks like a steal to me
              If it runs as good as it looks, twice what it sold for would be a bargain. I know it's not exactly stock, but the interior is gorgeous.

Comment

A very nice car for the money and it would take 5 times that to do one up to this standard. As far as the non stock if 200 people looked at it maybe 4 would know it wasn't stock.

Comment

The last thing I need is another Studebaker and I'd pay that price for a Sky Hawk in that condition all day long. Someone got a steal deal.

Is it just my eyes or did the photos on that link not show the car to best effect?

jack vines
                  PackardV8

Comment

If I was there,I would have bid more. Little chance for me being at one of these Mecum or B-J auctions. I have bought about a dozen cars at auction personally and hundreds professionally. This makes me wonder how Ed E's '53 will do NR at B-J.
                    Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Not stock: white wall width, upholstery and alternator (should be a generator).
                      Peter Bishop

Comment

I spent the last three days in Houston. Came home with F52 a concours restored 1970 GTO. The Studebaker looked great in photos and on the internet but not so much in person.
                        Mike - Assistant Editor, Turning Wheels
                        Fort Worth, TX

Comment

SILVERLATE - How was the paint?....

Comment

Siverplate, Nice Goat!

Comment

when you look at this hawk even if it was a little on the rough side for $6600. What is a basket case really worth? I've see rusty almost not even a good parts cars and the seller wants more than half this for it. Here you have a decent driveable car with nice insides even if not stock that you would pay 2500-4000 to do. So if this is worth only $6600 a parts car is now down to what 200-300. Not to pick on BOB 40 because I know him and he's a nice guy but the car he has up for sale for 1000 you would make more money parting out this one.

Comment

Working...
                              X