No announcement yet.

Car lift... How many of you .....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The question is could you trust a Co. called: rphydexaceig ?

There is absolutely NO mention of Shipping Cost, but they are "right here" in:

Yiwu Hongmao Electronic Technology Co., Ltd.
    No. 1341, Tongbao Road, Yusanli Street, Yiwu City, Zhejiang Province, COUNTRY unknown!

Surprise! Research shows it is China!
    Last edited by StudeRich; 01-12-2019, 09:20 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Notice that in one of the pictures the license plate on the car says "BendPac". Also in that picture BendPac is shown on one of the hydraulic cylinders. BendPac is a manufacturer of high quality professional lifts. However, in the other pictures some other unknown brand is painted on the lifts. The BendPac website shows the real McCoy at $2275. I'm so tempted to be able to save $2185.10 I just might order this thing.

Comment

Yep...brake/wheel and tire work only.
        Not worth the effort in any case in my book.

Mike

Comment

90 bucks sounds too good to be true. I already have three full size lifts, but if I thought it was for real I'd buy one just to use in place of a floor jack so I could lift all four wheels at once. If you go for it and buy one let us know if it's true and not a scam.

Comment

I have a four post lift and I'm really pleased with it- Chinese, was cheap, it works, it's safe etc. This thing is obviously limited in its application but its transportable and that's the kicker. Somebody is going to find this useful no matter what. In all honesty somebody has had to do the engineering analysis on the frame and componentry, so surely to God it ought to be safe. I'd be dammned if I'd fork out near $2K for one though, but somebody else might think it's jim Dandy for them. At $89 it would be really a good buy for Motorcycle work, though.
            Steve

Comment

Originally posted by rbisacca View Post
              Notice that in one of the pictures the license plate on the car says "BendPac". Also in that picture BendPac is shown on one of the hydraulic cylinders. BendPac is a manufacturer of high quality professional lifts. However, in the other pictures some other unknown brand is painted on the lifts. The BendPac website shows the real McCoy at $2275. I'm so tempted to be able to save $2185.10 I just might order this thing.
              Yeah, found the same thing - a BendPak MD-6XP. Most lifts ship for free as lift sales are highly competitive, but for $89 I'd guess the shipping here might be two grand plus! I have BendPak lifts and found they're all made in BendPak's plant in China.

Comment

What I find scary is that the whole vehicle is supported by just 2 bolts, where the legs cross. How good are those bolts?
                Bill Jarvis

Comment

Its a scam my wife just showed me a blackstone grill, same add even the same price $89.90.
                  I just bought & installed a triumph portable asymetrical 2 post. Lift, 7000 # cap 72" lift height. Works great no more
                  Layin on the floor. Love it

Comment

Apparently reading comprehension is dropping on the forum. At least two of you have asked about shipping and in my first post I said I had it calculated and it was $0.00. I did it again and it's still $0.00!

Old farts, make yah!! wonder. And some here complain about the younger generation.

Bob

Comment

Someone needs to order something from that company. I would really like to know if it is simply a scam. No way I am giving them a credit card number.

Not only the lift, but also these cool things at prices that are truly too good to be true:

If I thought I could get that lift for $89, I would do so. I have three other lifts, but it would work fine for brake work.

Comment

No, somebody does not need to order something from them.

That ad reeks of a scam and anyone ordering something from them just to find out if they are legit, when every kind of red flag in the world is being waved to tell you not to fall for their scam, would only make that person a fool's fool. Forget it. Nobody, not even the Chinese, is manufacturing a scissors lift for automobiles that sells for $90 - unless it's a model lift designed to lift plastic model cars, in which case it would be way over-priced.

Nah, this is just a thief who's playing the odds. He knows that for every hundred persons that read the ad there will be at least one sucker who will say, "OK, I'm gonna take a chance," and that's a helluva lot of suckers sending him $90 each, who are paying to build him a new house and for his kids' admittance into the best university.
                        Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
                        Kenmore, Washington
                        hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
                        '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
                        '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
                        '69 Pontiac Firebird
                        (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

Comment

I actually did a body off frame restoration of my '53 Commander on a very similar mid rise, including removal of all the undercoating and refinishing the underfloor paint; but then again, I'm a masochist with interminable patience. And having the frame out from under the body made all the chassis restoration a snap. But my arthritis would prevent that from ever happening again.
                          Brad Johnson,
                          SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                          '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                          '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I'm so tempted that I actually went to the web site. Scrolled to bottom and clicked on "About Us". Their company name is "Quiet Lavender". When I google Quiet Lavender here's what came up:
                            "Quiet Lavender" which is located at www.quietlavender.com, is
                            an untrustworthy online store
                            . Online users are advised to stay away from the untrustworthy online store because those who shopped from it run the risk of receiving counterfeit goods or nothing at all. They also run the risk of their credit card information being used stolen and used fraudulently.

Comment

Here is a quote from the ad...

"The true benefit of the mid-rise lift series, however, is their portability. Each car lift features a portable power unit and cart, so wherever you need to work is where your mid-rise lift will be. And since they are designed specifically to engage a vehicle’s frame, the mid-rise lift offers a seamless lifting experience. Your BendPak comes with a free set of truck adapters. It’s just another way that BendPak maximizes your garage's full potential. You can always trust BendPak for increased durability, safety and productivity"

Notice that it says this comes with a power unit and it is stating BendPak in the last sentence. How can this be real when you can go direct to the BendPak site and this unit is about $2000????????

Yeah, I know it is old news, but... Just sayin'.

BTW, I have a 4 post lift in my current garage and I am building my new garage with room for 2 lifts!

Comment

I trust my floor jack and safety stands. They are very portable, too, and take up very little space. How anyone could think this advertisement is legitimate is beyond common sense. It just ain't likely. Don't fall for this one!

Comment

Working...
                                X