Swap Meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swap Meet

Where will the swap meet be in relation to the motels in Mansfield?
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

The swap meet will be held at the Richland County fairgrounds along with the rest of the International meet

Comment

Originally posted by Studecruiser64 View Post
      The swap meet will be held at the Richland County fairgrounds along with the rest of the International meet
      Thanks for the speedy reply. I thought that was the case, but the info in Turning Wheels was not specific. My brother and I are vending. He was trying to decide where the most convenient place would be to stay in reference to the swap meet
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

Richland County Fairgrounds is only a short distance from most of the Hotels shown on the list, unless you are staying in Belleville, OH, in which case, about 10 miles. Plenty of room, and please don't forget to mention "Studebaker" to get the best rate.

For more information on vending see the post here about the website, or go on the website and download the Vendor Registration from. Remember, your space includes you an 1 additional person. Additional swap meet personnel are $10 each.

Denny Foust

Comment

Originally posted by studeguy54 View Post

For more information on vending see the post here about the website, or go on the website and download the Vendor Registration from. Remember, your space includes you an 1 additional person. Additional swap meet personnel are $10 each.

Denny Foust
          That brings up another question. My brother has already sent in his application for vendor spaces. One space is for a friend from Michigan, but Joe got them. I will be helping Joe. We will all be registered for the meet, but do we need a 3rd vendor registration?
          Searcy, Arkansas
          1952 2R pickup

Comment

If you are all registered for the meet there won't be any more charges, this is just for unregistered help

Comment

how does the swap meet work if you're not a vendor but just have a couple old parts to sell? I plan on going to the meet to look for parts to buy, but have an old hood and miscellaneous parts to unload, debating whether to bring them or not.

Comment

Originally posted by KenF View Post
                how does the swap meet work if you're not a vendor but just have a couple old parts to sell? I plan on going to the meet to look for parts to buy, but have an old hood and miscellaneous parts to unload, debating whether to bring them or not.
                I often advertise parts I have for sale here and other places and offer to deliver them to the meet. I then take the pre-sold parts with me and meet with the buyer.
                Searcy, Arkansas
                1952 2R pickup

Comment

Originally posted by KenF View Post
                  If you have parts for sale, that makes you a vendor.
                  Jerry Forrester
                  Forrester's Chrome
                  Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Forrester View Post
                    If you have parts for sale, that makes you a vendor.
                    If you have a pile of parts you want to sell at a meet, I would agree. A member who just has a few extra parts to move along would not be a vendor. Of course, if you want to lay your stuff out and sell at a venue you should be helping to pay the costs for the folks who set it up for you.
                    Searcy, Arkansas
                    1952 2R pickup

Comment

Originally posted by 52-fan View Post
                      If you have a pile of parts you want to sell at a meet, I would agree. A member who just has a few extra parts to move along would not be a vendor. Of course, if you want to lay your stuff out and sell at a venue you should be helping to pay the costs for the folks who set it up for you.
                      Even if you have only one part for sale, you are a vendor.

ven·dor
                      /ˈvendər,ˈvenˌdôr/
                      Learn to pronounce
                      noun
                      noun: vendor; plural noun: vendors; noun: vender; plural noun: venders
                      a person or company offering something for sale, especially a trader in the street.
                      "an Italian ice cream vendor"
                      a person or company whose principal product lines are office supplies and equipment.
                      Jerry Forrester
                      Forrester's Chrome
                      Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

I have seen on occasion where an individual looking to sell a few unneeded parts has put them in a vendors booth with the vendor doing the "selling" for the individual. Then the individual has given the vendor a "cut" of his sales revenue. Bill

Comment

Working...
                        X