My Packard Hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Packard Hawk

My 58 Hawk... need some more love to be perfect (Need an 289 w/Supercharger, now it has a 302 Ford .... need some exterior trim, and 100% of the interiors....

Welcome to the SDC Forum!

I like the color. A friend had a Packard Hawk that he painted that color.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
      Welcome to the SDC Forum!

I like the color. A friend had a Packard Hawk that he painted that color.
      Thank You Very Much! i have a Sudebakers Oil in my blood since my grandpa (Land Crusier 48), My Father ( 54 Champion Starliner).... And me (58 Hawk) ... but i´m the first who joined the SDC, thanks again...

Comment

That is an impressive color!
        Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
        50 Champion 2 door*
        53 Commander K Auto*
        53 Commander K overdrive*
        55 President Speedster
        62 GT 4Speed*
        63 Avanti R1*
        64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

Oh, man - a rich color for a cool car!
          The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Nice car indeed! & the color too, but I wouldn't mind knowing what the color is called.

Comment

Beautiful Packard Hawk, just my opinion but, since correct fitting Clear Parking/Turn Indicator Lenses ARE available, I would ditch the Amber probably not well fitting Lenses.

If you happen to like Amber Turn Signal LIGHTS as I do, just use Amber Bulbs, as Amber Parking Lights did not happen until 1963, they just look out of place on a '58.
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                Beautiful Packard Hawk, just my opinion but, since correct fitting Clear Parking/Turn Indicator Lenses ARE available, I would ditch the Amber probably not well fitting Lenses.

If you happen to like Amber Turn Signal LIGHTS as I do, just use Amber Bulbs, as Amber Parking Lights did not happen until 1963, they just look out of place on a '58.
                They may be required in Mexico as they are in at least some countries in Europe.
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Just saw this and that shot angle, that color, brings out the sweep of the grille into the hood, up and around, better than any I've ever seen. Good stuff.

jack vines
                  PackardV8

Comment

I would also like to know what that color is. I am considering a similar color for my 53 hardtop. Although, I wonder if it would look as good without as many shiny bits to set it off.
                    Cliff
                    54 Commander Coupe driver
                    53 Commander Hardtop project
                    SE Washington State

Comment

Originally posted by cliffh View Post
                      I would also like to know what that color is. I am considering a similar color for my 53 hardtop. Although, I wonder if it would look as good without as many shiny bits to set it off.
                      Cliff
                      A dark color looks good on a '53 C/K. A '53 Starliner has plenty of bling to set off the color. Bob Bourke's own Starliner was/is black.
                      Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

I once owned 56LS-1488 I regret selling it,58 K miles arctic white.Are the outside padded arm rests gone or just hard to see in the photo angle ?

Comment

Originally posted by kmul221 View Post
                          I once owned 56LS-1488 I regret selling it,58 K miles arctic white.Are the outside padded arm rests gone or just hard to see in the photo angle ?
                          It looks to me like the exterior armrests have been replaced with chrome trim. This goes along with other custom touches such as removal of the name from the hood and different headlight rims.

I don't know what the number is that you site. If the "56" should be 58, it would be a 1958 Packard Hawk near the end of the line for them.
                          Gary L.
                          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Originally posted by Noxnabaker View Post
                            Nice car indeed! & the color too, but I wouldn't mind knowing what the color is called.
                            the Original Color is Arctic White and Wedgewood blue, but since i bought it was painted in this color, and i like it....

Comment

Yes you are wright, i am looking for the originals, but is almost imposible pieces to find them.... also the headlight trim are not original, thats are easier to find...
                              Originally posted by studegary View Post
                              It looks to me like the exterior armrests have been replaced with chrome trim. This goes along with other custom touches such as removal of the name from the hood and different headlight rims.

I don't know what the number is that you site. If the "56" should be 58, it would be a 1958 Packard Hawk near the end of the line for them.

Comment

Working...
                              X