Studebaker dealership? shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker dealership? shop

I'm 77 years old, grew up in this town of East Liverpool, Ohio, walked or rode past this building just about every day and never had seen Studebaker signs (they were covered up with Litten Tire signs, a tire recap shop that time wore away exposing these).Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	1757814

I don't want to confess how much time I wasted this morning trying to find a better picture of this building. However, after following the RR tracks & River Road in Google Maps, I managed to run across the forlorn abandoned building at River Road, East Liverpool. Back in the day, it was probably cheap real estate in the floodplain along the banks of a tiny stream known as the OHIO RIVER. (Notice how high the rails behind the building.)

Before interstates highways, and improved road building methods, such rivers served as a very important part of our shipping infrastructure. It would be interesting to see a century of "time lapse" photos of that district. We would probably be surprised as it evolved in importance and decline through the decades.
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Yes, the River Road gets flooded but businesses still thriving there.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.5 KB
ID:	1720596

Comment

Working...
      X