Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lothar
    replied
    A standard radio for a 1950 Champion uses a standard plug, but apparently this replacement radio you have doesn't have that? Could you take a picture of it?

Leave a comment:

• Bud
    replied
    The radio for your Champion uses a standard Motorola type plug for the antenna. Like Rich says, a standard replacement auto radio antenna should work. Bud

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Get a Standard Auto parts Store Replacement Antenna for older Cars, some 2000's+ Factory Antennas may have "Oddball" Plugs.
    You need to ground the Radio and Antenna Base to the Test Battery or Car.

Leave a comment:

• kurtruk
    replied
    Stand by. RadioRoy should be by shortly to fill you in. If he doesn't, PM him.

Leave a comment:

• bbbacres
    started a topic Electrical: 1950 Champion Radio: question on antenna

1950 Champion Radio: question on antenna

My 1950 Champion has an old radio that is missing knobs and has broken tuning buttons. But I lucked out. The other day a fellow told me he had a radio in his garage, turned out to be a perfect match, and it WORKS !!! It is a big radio, the speaker is contained with it in one big unit. I tested it but when I tried to plug a modern radio antenna into the hole I see on the side of the radio, it won't fit. So either 1950 used a different plug, or the antenna might plug into a special plug that in turn goes to the radio. Any ideas? How is an antenna hooked to this old radio. My old antenna is long gone.
Working...
X