1957 GH Antennas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior: 1957 GH Antennas

My Golden hawk has XAC 2838 on the original order form. It does not have the AC 2896 on the order form. Would it originally have had a single or dual attennas? If the AC 2896 is for dual attennas then what does XAC 2838 mean?

Originally posted by Pdskinner View Post
    My Golden hawk has XAC 2838 on the original order form. It does not have the AC 2896 on the order form. Would it originally have had a single or dual attennas? If the AC 2896 is for dual attennas then what does XAC 2838 mean?
    Paul, I'm not sure AC-2896 has anything to do with an antenna. Might you be thinking of AC-2886 the Single Rear (decklid mounted) Antenna Kit? AC-2838 would be correct for a '57/'58 GH Dual Rear Antenna Kit as AC-2775 would be for a '56 GH Dual Rear Antenna Kit.

Comment

Originally posted by Pdskinner View Post
      What does the production order indicate? What was ordered on the order form may have been changed during build.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

AC-2838 IS a pair of Rear Fender mount Dual Antennas, the X on any AC Accessory, on any Car means that it was included loose from the Factory, in the Box in the Trunk to be Dealer Installed.

I THINK the AC-2886 is the Standard, Left Front Fender mount Antenna and they would not call out or install both.
        Last edited by StudeRich; 08-09-2016, 10:27 AM.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Thanks for your help

Comment

Working...
          X