Not a good address....
    Originally posted by studebaker champ View Post
    Lou Van Anne
    62 Champ
    64 R2 GT Hawk
    79 Avanti II

Comment

http://mechanics.stackexchange.com/questions/11315

try this seems original had an extra (.)

Comment

Works now, thanks. Click image for larger version

Name:	soot 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	1708314Click image for larger version

Name:	soot 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	1708315From reading this info it appears that water out the exhaust is normal. Perhaps I should have added "with soot". I've added a couple of photos: 1)this what I find on the floor along with the water droplets...it cleans up with just a wipe. 2)for better contrast with the with the garage door closed...sure seems excessive to me?
        Originally posted by karterfred88 View Post
        http://mechanics.stackexchange.com/questions/11315

try this seems original had an extra (.)
        Lou Van Anne
        62 Champ
        64 R2 GT Hawk
        79 Avanti II

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Van Anne View Post
          Works now, thanks. [ATTACH=CONFIG]57278[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]57279[/ATTACH]From reading this info it appears that water out the exhaust is normal. Perhaps I should have added "with soot". I've added a couple of photos: 1)this what I find on the floor along with the water droplets...it cleans up with just a wipe. 2)for better contrast with the with the garage door closed...sure seems excessive to me?
          Yeah looks just like my garage cabinets, the condensation is blowing the old carbon out of your exhaust system as it becomes steam as the headers and pipes get hot. Self cleaning. Try to minimize it by making sure the drain holes actually "weep" and drops actually come out of the mufflers. Remember, the rest of the pipes will condense water also, so any low area will collect water, such as if pipe goes down, then up and down you create a "Puddle". I tried chasing this for first 6 months since I had mine, till I did all the pressure and dye tests and they all proved negative. Then one morning, backing out of my driveway in my Mustang, and pulling forward I watched a line of fluid follow me down the street- one from each pipe. I'm not a chemist, but I'll bet todays gas formulation promotes the production of H2O to make the emissions cleaner by adding additional H2 to the carbon chains so when it oxidizes it grabs O and makes harmless water.
          PS--Stockton may be hot and dry during the day-but not so much at night. Used to be part of a "late model stock car" pit crew at Stockton 99 Speedway many a hot summer day, You'd be surprised at the number of jet changes it took after daytime practice to race at night-check you relative humidity some evening.
          Last edited by karterfred88; 08-12-2016, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X