Front seat back is loose.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior: Front seat back is loose.

I have a 63 Cruiser with a full bench front seat. The problem I am having is the seat back moves about 6" front to rear. You can grab the top of the seat back and pull it forward about 6" but once you let it go it falls back. It is very uncomfortable to drive with the front seat reclining like. Anyone have any idea what might be wrong with it or have a possible fix for it?
    Mike Kelly
    Regional Manager
    Texas
    1963 Lark Cruiser
    1962 GT Hawk
    1965 Commander 2dr v8 auto

I would unbolt the seat from the floor and remove it from the car, turn it upside down and take a look. Something is broke and, until it's pulled out and examined, speculation serves you naught. Any repair is going to require its removal anyway.
    "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10,
    '51 Commander Starlight,
    '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
    '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

I guess what I was wondering was "Is this a common problem others have experienced and what had they done to repair it ?" I hand pretty much figured out the seat was going to need to be removed for the repair. That's my project for Monday.
      Thanks.
      Mike Kelly
      Regional Manager
      Texas
      1963 Lark Cruiser
      1962 GT Hawk
      1965 Commander 2dr v8 auto

Comment

Just yesterday I rewelded the bottom of the drivers bucket seat in our Daytona in several areas , Most of the problems were caused by poor welds but there were some cracks which were also repaired , The hardest part was removing the vinyl upholstery and finding new Hog rings locally , Keep in mind we are a lot heavier than we were in 1964 ,, ED

Comment

Working...
        X