No announcement yet.

1957 Transtar--been off the road for 25 plus years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats on getting both of you under the same roof!

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	interior done.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	1716691Click image for larger version

Name:	interior done2.jpg
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	1716692Click image for larger version

Name:	vent window broke.jpg
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	1716693

More work on the interior---was able to get carpet down on the floor under the seat and then bought a large rubber commercial rug and cut it to fit the front--I think it turned out really well. Now I need to fix the vent window as you can see.

again, not sure why my pictures are not working properly--they look right on my computer before I put them on here. Any ideas?

Comment

• I used to know a guy named Jeff Smith in Oklahoma. Haven't seen him in years.

We're still waiting on that drive Video....

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrs K Corbin View Post
          I used to know a guy named Jeff Smith in Oklahoma. Haven't seen him in years.

We're still waiting on that drive Video....
          I know--having a hard time getting it uploaded to the site. Dang it.

Comment

• My speedometer cable broke---I put the portion of it in the transmission part and it turned freely but then I put the end in the speedometer part of it and it won't turn. I assume it should turn? If yes, does anyone know who could fix these? I put PB Blaster on the parts to see if it would break loose.

Comment

• sounds like the speedo itself is locked up. try some penetrating oil

Comment

• Originally posted by jsmith1107 View Post
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]67589[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]67590[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]67591[/ATTACH]

More work on the interior---was able to get carpet down on the floor under the seat and then bought a large rubber commercial rug and cut it to fit the front--I think it turned out really well. Now I need to fix the vent window as you can see.

again, not sure why my pictures are not working properly--they look right on my computer before I put them on here. Any ideas?
                Sometimes when I click on the pictures that are turned they come out right. I have assumed the sideways pictures were from loading them from a cell phone. Maybe not.
                Attached Files
                "In the heart of Arkansas."
                Searcy, Arkansas
                1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                1952 2R pickup

Comment

• very nice!

Comment

• ok, working on replacing the broken window as pictured in the last post---by question is--where can I get the u-shaped rubber seal that goes around it? I have checked glass places and they don't have anything.

Comment

• The cracked vent window glass? I had Harmon glass put new glass in the frames on my '53 hardtop vent windows and they had something they used. It appeared to be a cloth/rubber sheet material. They hand trimmed it around the edge of the frame with a blade. I don't know about the truck pivot rods, but watch out if they are pot metal! Break off just looking at them....

Jeff in ND

Comment

• Are you talking about the material that is squeezed between the glass and the vent frame? If so, Jeff is correct. It's not U-shaped, it's just strips of rubberized material that the glass presses into position and is trimmed after installation. I have some, but so will any glass shop. The U-shaped channel that guides the door glass is available from SI.
                        Skip Lackie

Comment

• Ask for Everseal. It comes in four thicknesses in 1/64" increments.
                          KURTRUK
                          (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

• Thanks guys---as usual. Much appreciated.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	interiortemplate.jpg
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	1716873Click image for larger version

Name:	interiorparts.jpg
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	1716874Click image for larger version

Name:	interiormatch.jpg
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	1716875Click image for larger version

Name:	interior4.jpg
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	1716876Click image for larger version

Name:	interiordone2.jpg
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	1716877Click image for larger version

Name:	interiordone.jpg
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	1716878Click image for larger version

Name:	backoftruck.jpg
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	1716879
                              Had a good weekend of finishing up the interior--was able to purchase a product that really worked well for building out my interior--$20 for a 4x9 sheet and I still have half of it left. I had a couple of pieces left from the beat up interior and was able to use them as templates--but still had to build out a couple on my own--overall though, I am very satisfied. I also have put an electric fuel pump on my truck and I believe I am all ready to go finally.

I still can't figure out why the pictures on here go in sideways--I never had this problem before and when I look at my computer they are the right way before I upload them here.

Anyway--I just want to say thank you to everyone who has helped me on this long road---I am not sure if I plan on doing the body at this time or not--I just am going to drive it for the time being--and I finished it just in time to take it to storage for the winter---no room at my house.

I will upload a video of it running most likely next weekend.

Thanks
                              Jeff

Comment

Working...
                              X