Harley brake light switches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brakes: Harley brake light switches

Just reading the HD forum this morning-A lot of riders having Harley brake light switches melting down and losing fluid.They've been troublesome for quite awhile.I've had to replace a couple of them on my own bikes,including the '06 I'm riding now. Just a heads-up for anyone considering using one.
    I went to a mechanical switch on my Hawk-but if you really want a hydraulic switch,you might be better off to go to Autozone[or your favorite FLAPS] for their generic one.
    Oglesby,Il.

Maybe that's way all the rest of the bike manufacturers use mechanical switches.
    I "thought" Harley did too. I know many of the brake/handle/master cylinder package also has the switch in it...even in the Harleys...at least the more modern Harleys.

Mike

Comment

My '03 Victory uses a hydraulic switch for the back brake.
      Mike Sal

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Van Veghten View Post
        Maybe that's way all the rest of the bike manufacturers use mechanical switches.
        I "thought" Harley did too. I know many of the brake/handle/master cylinder package also has the switch in it...even in the Harleys...at least the more modern Harleys.

Mike
        My 84' FLT has it's original mechanical type foot brake switch. Totally flawless for 282,451 miles. Since the mechanical ones are so dependable I guess Harley wanted to sell more replacements so they went to the less dependable hydraulic type switch?

Comment

Working...
        X