Name:	SANY0105.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	1751322Click image for larger version

Name:	SANY0104.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	1751323

Really cool, doofus! Tell us more.......how much boost are you developing, have you done any racing with them, which exhaust rounting setup seems to work better, etc.
    Paul
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

Thanks for posting!

Comment

The 62 will develop 18+ lbs boost but its hard to read as things are happening pretty quick! Not a racer just a daily driver with 27 TT axle. still have to much heat trapped under hood which boils fuel in carb bowl. looking to add system to pull hot air out but still drive in hot weather in spite of.limited space required turbo to be side mounted.A/C comp on custom bracket where batt sat. batt moved back on custom bracket. P/S exh. manifold flipped and short "Y" joins crossover pipe and man.stub to feed turbo. use 2 different turbo's, rajay 3,70E70 in winter but to much heat in summer. larger Airesearch for hot weather, it's design doesn't heat pressurized air so much. 30 min to switch, harder to change plugs! 53 uses 2 flipped exh man. to feed turbo but wiring is still incomplete so no legal testing.3 in side pipes w/baffles kinda let neighbors know i'm slipping out for testing and they look the other way as it's handy to have a car savvy neighbor. need to add p/s to 62 as shoulders getting a little stiffer and down shifting and steering in curves getting sluggish. both cars 4 spds. hope this gives someone ideas. Happy Motoring, Doofus

Comment

Thats exactly what I want to do to my Hawk.

Comment

Hey doofus,
            Thanks for the pics and info. You have really got me thinking as I just acquired a '59 Lark 259.
            Cheers, Bill

Comment

Here's mine. Version 1 design layout.
              Attached Files
              Start and Stage Your Studebakers

Comment

What size turbos are you guys using?

Comment

Sizing a turbo gets complicated. read out of print how to books on subject, their still around. 62 uses Rajay 370E70 but this is a bit small for 289, boost nearly off idle but fun to drive. larger turbo gives some wiggle room then starts to build boost as you lean on it.R-2 mechanical pump is "Boost Referenced" to manifold press but can be "Over Powered" by small turbo. have carter street strip pump boosting R-2. mechanical. You MUST keep 2 lbs more fuel pressure than manifold pressure, at least other wise carb goes lean and detonation sets in,,,, literally! think Ted Harbit can modify an R-2 pump for more pressure or use electric hi press pump and boost referenced reg. on 53 built system on dummy engine in '90's for fun and sized turbo for 289 but wanted to build hot 224 someday. some day arrived and have 224 but 289 crank and better pistons await when new wears off. 11 Sec. good looking set up. what will it wind up in? Thought; We depend on expanding exh stream to spin turbine wheel,wouldn't it work best to feed turbo direct from crossover and angle in direct shot from exh. man? seems like that would keep gas speed up and even. dumping exh into larger pipe slows down gases, shortest route most direct works best. planning twin turbo set up with turbo's right down on flipped exh manifolds. using small gated T3 turbo's from import V6 "Gated" to 7 lbs. will try on 224 if present turbo doesn't suit my mood.use an intercooler where possible,53 has one behind lower valance panel, un plumbed at present. Just food for thought guy,s, Happy Motoring, Doofus

Comment

Originally posted by 11SecAvanti View Post
                    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Originally posted by 11SecAvanti View Post

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Comment

You Da Man Jeff!!!! Doofus

Comment

Not me... Tom C. is the guy! I just video'd it...

Originally posted by doofus View Post
                          You Da Man Jeff!!!! Doofus

Jeff

Comment

(One of my favorites)

Jeff

Comment

Looks like twin TO4B's with waste gate, a very "Scaleable" turbo with lots of aftermarket support. guess Tom has learned plenty since his roadster days. Awesome ride. Happy Motoring Doofus

Comment

Working...
                              X