Engine mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine: Engine mounts

I believe I will be able to use all the stock motor mount rubber on my engine swap.

Going cross eyed looking at all the combinations of upper and lower mounts. Also, having a hard time figuring the "code" on some of the descriptions.

Pages 1 and 2 here: http://www.studebakerparts.com/stude...roduct=engined

Looks like I need four uppers, all the same part number: INS015.
    Two rear lowers, part number INS004
    Two front lowers, part number INS020.

Anyone been through this before?

Did I read it correctly?

Thanks for any help.

Lynn

You will have to tell us which Truck and Engine/Trans. these are for.

Most V8 Model Trucks E to 8E ('55-'64):

INS004 = 674994 (4 Req'd.)
    INS015 = 642844 Truck/180437 Car (4 Req'd.)

Lynn: Private Message (PM) sent.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 06-21-2016, 07:53 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Doh!

Truck is a 49 2R16A. I am 99% certain I can re-use the original mounts from the 245 6 cyl. I am installing a Chevy truck motor and trans, so I won't be using side mounts normally associated with SBC swaps. There is a large "U" shaped bracket that bolts to the front of the engine in lieu of front motor mounts. I also do not need a rear cross member, as the big Chevy trucks use a bell housing with attachment points for mounts.

Even if I don't use the original mounts, I will be using adapters with the same size holes as the original mounts so that I can use all original rubber.

Hope that makes sense.

Lynn

Comment

Responded to your PM Rich.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn View Post
          Doh!

Truck is a 49 2R16A. I am 99% certain I can re-use the original mounts from the 245 6 cyl. I am installing a Chevy truck motor and trans, so I won't be using side mounts normally associated with SBC swaps. There is a large "U" shaped bracket that bolts to the front of the engine in lieu of front motor mounts. I also do not need a rear cross member, as the big Chevy trucks use a bell housing with attachment points for mounts.

Even if I don't use the original mounts, I will be using adapters with the same size holes as the original mounts so that I can use all original rubber.

Hope that makes sense.

Lynn
          any 55-6-7 passenger car chevy v8 engine mount 'donuts' should work too, same with the smaller rear bell housing 'donuts'
          sigpic
          1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Working...
          X