Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: Window roller and adjustment

Hello,

My driver-side window is not going up straight and hangs up. It is falling out of the track and I have to push it forward into the division track, then it will go up.

I removed the door cover and noticed that the rear roller was not engaged in the track. This causes the rear of the window to fall down and the mechanism is trying to pull the window up by the front roller.

I pushed the roller back into place and the widow rolled up perfectly. I put everything back together and it worked for a little while.

Now it seems that the roller has popped out again.

I looked over the shop manual and it is really hard to figure out what the adjustment screw does and I guess that I am in need of a new roller and clip. However, the guide and roller are too far apart and it takes some force to hold them together. Is this normal and solved with a new roller? Is there an adjustment that needs to be made? Or is the mechanism bent?

A forum search did not come up with solutions.

Thanks for your help.

Steve
    Steve Nowicki

Davis, CA

1963 Studebaker Cruiser
    289 V8 2bbl
    Flight-o-matic
    Twin Traction Dana 44
    Factory front power disc brakes
    Rose mist with Chestnut interior

Needs to have the lift bar (track for the rollers) and/or the window regulator arm slightly bent or twisted so that they are in close contact. The nylon roller and clip should not have to hold these parts together. They should be aligned by themselves.

Comment

I will pull them out to see what needs to be done. The channels seem to be in very good condition.

Thanks.
      Steve Nowicki

Davis, CA

1963 Studebaker Cruiser
      289 V8 2bbl
      Flight-o-matic
      Twin Traction Dana 44

Comment

I know the channels are in very good condition since I replaced them in all 4 doors! (So it must have been me that didn't notice or correct the mating of the regulator arm and the lift bar channel.)

Comment

No worries! I will get it fixed.
          Steve Nowicki

Davis, CA

1963 Studebaker Cruiser
          289 V8 2bbl
          Flight-o-matic
          Twin Traction Dana 44

Comment

Originally posted by Studebakercenteroforegon View Post
            I know the channels are in very good condition since I replaced them in all 4 doors! (So it must have been me that didn't notice or correct the mating of the regulator arm and the lift bar channel.)
            There was a new roller and clip lying at the bottom of the door. Installed the new roller and clip, pressed the pin in and the. Adjusted the window level adjustment and everything is perfect.

Thanks!
            Steve Nowicki

Davis, CA

1963 Studebaker Cruiser
            289 V8 2bbl
            Flight-o-matic
            Twin Traction Dana 44

Comment

Working...
            X