Evans waterless cooling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bump...

Any further/newer experiences to report on this Evans Waterless Coolant stuff?

Personally, I've always wondered why engines were not designed to use oil as the coolant. Not about to try it out, as I know there are design requirements for such things, but it seems like the motor oil does a good portion of the cooling job currently anyway, (cooling pistons, crankshaft bearings, etc.), so why not use it in the radiator? I'm sure a system could be designed to use it that way, and 5 wt. motor oil is sure cheaper than the Evans stuff, and probably comparable to ethylene glycol.

OK, beat me up, but remember, I'm not about to try motor oil as a coolant, just wondering why it would not work...

PS Apparently the FAA like the Evans stuff, http://www.aviationpros.com/article/...ngine-coolants and Rv'er too?

http://rvtravel.com/high-performance...oil-corrosion/
    Corley

Comment

While I have never used Evans I use Engine Ice in my ATV. It is a highly modified two stroke with no cooling fan so it only gets air flow through the radiator while moving. It would run hot even after I had a custom radiator hand made for $500.00. I switched to Engine Ice and it runs about 15 degrees cooler. I'm not comparing a two cylinder two stroke to a car engine by any means but I say give Evans a try, it certainly won't make it any worse.

Comment

Thought I would weigh in, seeing that I started this thread. I opted to go with good quality anti-freeze in the truck build. Just couldn't justify the extra cost of the Evans. So, really nothing to report. Just wasted 20 seconds of your time.

Comment

Randy at fifth avenue internet garage uses and sells the Evens product. I too have not tried it, but am considering it for the hot summer days we have here in SoCal with the a/c on. Randy has information on how he has us3d it in Great American race cars. I am not affiliated with Randy, just have read his blogs and know he advertises in TW.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn View Post
            Thought I would weigh in, seeing that I started this thread. I opted to go with good quality anti-freeze in the truck build. Just couldn't justify the extra cost of the Evans. So, really nothing to report. Just wasted 20 seconds of your time.
            Not a waste of time at all, I'm glad you let us know what you decided on. Since the thread is a year and a half old and you didn't have any regrets with regular anti freeze it may help others decide what to use also.

Comment

Working...
            X