Engine Compartment 1957 GH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine: Engine Compartment 1957 GH

What age would a chrome air handler and chrome rocker arm covers on a 1957 GH?

Would you restate the question please?

Comment

If I understand your question right, the answer is never. Those would have to be non-factory items.
      Ed Sallia
      Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Is this true for my 1957 GH with chrome engine parts? mention here that besides R engines having the chrome parts, Studebaker also sold a chrome engine dress up package to put on any V8. This means that a car may (correctly) have the chrome parts but not be an R engine.

Comment

I have chrome rocker panels and a chrome air handler . Would this be age specific to 1957 as a addon or dealer installed factory item?

Comment

Paul, the Chrome dress up kit You mention would be for 1963,64 model Years for V8s. this is what the R Engines came with as standard build,and offered as a kit for any one wanting to dress up a plain Jane Engine.

Originally posted by Pdskinner View Post
            Is this true for my 1957 GH with chrome engine parts? mention here that besides R engines having the chrome parts, Studebaker also sold a chrome engine dress up package to put on any V8. This means that a car may (correctly) have the chrome parts but not be an R engine.
            Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Paul, Would they look something like these? I know they were added on after delivery but not sure of the what year. The original owner liked to accessorize and added all kinds of stuff to the car as well as painting the shroud that bright yellow.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4267.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	119.7 KB
ID:	1705656

Comment

Those look like factory parts, someone just had them plated.

Mark
                sigpic

S2Deluxe = (5H - C3).

Comment

Originally posted by Pdskinner View Post
                  I have chrome rocker panels and a chrome air handler . Would this be age specific to 1957 as a addon or dealer installed factory item?
                  Rocker Panels, Air Handler???

Could you possibly be referring to Rocker Arm or "Valve Covers" as they are usually called, and maybe an Air Cleaner?

If anything under the Hood of a Golden Hawk is Chrome, it is aftermarket or owner modified.

Your other Post here: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...mpartment+1957

did not answer your questions about how the Engine Compartment should look?
                  Last edited by StudeRich; 05-25-2016, 12:22 PM.
                  StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

No, those are the pre-full flow oil filter V8, valve covers that have 4 nuts each and no oil filler caps on them. The "63-'64 valve covers have only 2 nuts and an oil filler cap on each. Your air cleaner is also the '57-58 style and not what was available in the '63-'64 chrome dress up kit. Still a very beautifull Stude, factory stock or not!

Mark

Originally posted by Mark Klinger View Post
                    Paul, Would they look something like these? I know they were added on after delivery but not sure of the what year. The original owner liked to accessorize and added all kinds of stuff to the car as well as painting the shroud that bright yellow.
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]54508[/ATTACH]
                    sigpic

S2Deluxe = (5H - C3).

Comment

Yes. They looked just like those

Comment

Working...
                      X