Front fender patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: Front fender patch

Does anyone make "eyebrow" patches for Lark front fenders? Mines a 63 . I checked Classic Enterprises site but no dice. I did get rear fender patches and rockers from them though.
    Thanks

I have a 63 driver's side front fender that is mostly solid, the battery shelf has some missing metal. With a rotted eyebrow a repair is not that difficult depending on your goals. The rusted area can be cut out with a Dremel back to solid metal. On the inside of the fender a sheet metal backing can be epoxyed in place (it should be clean) and the fender can be repaired with a good quality filler, filed, sanded, primed and painted. I did this job on a rusted 54 fender and the results are very good. If you are not willing to use body filler, your option is to replace the fender.

Comment

I have the same problem. I was going to check with SI to see if they had them. Mine is a 64 however.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by altair View Post
        I have a 63 driver's side front fender that is mostly solid, the battery shelf has some missing metal. With a rotted eyebrow a repair is not that difficult depending on your goals. The rusted area can be cut out with a Dremel back to solid metal. On the inside of the fender a sheet metal backing can be epoxyed in place (it should be clean) and the fender can be repaired with a good quality filler, filed, sanded, primed and painted. I did this job on a rusted 54 fender and the results are very good. If you are not willing to use body filler, your option is to replace the fender.
        I can repair it with glass metal or whatever the problem is that if the repair is too thick the clips for the molding won't work. I think trying to make a buck will be the answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullet View Post
          I have the same problem. I was going to check with SI to see if they had them. Mine is a 64 however.Mark
          No repair Panels were ever made, but there should be something like 1000 New '64-'66 Fenders in South Bend.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
            No repair Panels were ever made, but there should be something like 1000 New '64-'66 Fenders in South Bend.
            Don't know if there are 1000 but they do list inners and outers ( listed as aprons). Might have to bite the bullet and spring for all new instead of patching. 2/3 of what I paid for the car but as they say In for a penny in for a pound.

Comment

GeorgeE It's called take a piece of metal and a hammer and practice your metal forming skills. It's not that hard to do and if you dont like your first results throw it away and try again. Just a matter of look at what your trying to build and picture in your mind what it takes to end up with that.

Comment

George, I sent You a PM.

Originally posted by georgeE View Post
                Does anyone make "eyebrow" patches for Lark front fenders? Mines a 63 . I checked Classic Enterprises site but no dice. I did get rear fender patches and rockers from them though.
                Thanks
                Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Working...
                X