Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

59 Scotsman Pickup - Right front Fender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body: 59 Scotsman Pickup - Right front Fender

Hi All - New forum member here - I brought my girl June Carter out of the weeds of rural Colorado (after some 40 years) and she is now running - rebuilt Studebaker 259 and Borg-Warner T85 3 spd w OD… Anyway, sadly, just after her 2nd test drive out of the shop, she was struck on her right side.

My question is this: are all C cab fenders appropriate for my truck (she has the small light under the headlights), say 49-59? (sorry, pic appears to be sideways). Thank you!

Christen

Click image for larger version

Name:	JC right eye.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	112.5 KB
ID:	1750994

Welcome aboard Christen, nice looking Truck - looks pretty solid. honestly I believe that Fender could/should be straightened,based on what the pic shows.
    Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Yes a '49 to '53 "R" Series 1/2 or 3/4 Ton Pickup Fender should work.
      The '54 to '64 Trucks and Transtars would have many holes for the Front Panel to fill and not be a good choice.

Also any 1 Ton and Larger non-pickups would have the "big truck" fender with a Larger Wheel Well Cutout than you want.

It would be harder to find a '57 to '59 Scotsman Pickup Fender, but of course it would work.

The small Light is for an Optional Turn Signal for Scotsman only, so almost none would have that hole, you could drill or cut it in.

Click image for larger version

Name:	56 Turquoise 2E7.jpg
Size:	101.3 KB
ID:	1705591 ..................................Click image for larger version

Name:	4E11 245 1.jpg
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	1705592
      This is what a '56 Looks like............................Here's a '59 Studebaker............ The '54 to '56's look like this...............................The '57-'64's look like this.

Both have Fenders that might work, but would require lots of filling.

Note: the words only fit to pictures with your Zoom set at 175% which makes things readable.
      Last edited by StudeRich; 05-23-2016, 12:34 AM.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Hey Christen, welcome, and happy you found us! There are fenders around that will work to replace your damaged one. However, as already stated, that one can be repaired by someone with skill. Even for the years with the extra holes, skillfully welded in metal wafers, appropriate application of body filler, sanding, and primer, it will be good as new.

Either way, I hope you don't get discouraged and abandon the truck. Hopefully, you will persevere, hang in, and overcome, just as the truck's name sake did. Don't know what exactly inspired you to name the truck "June Carter," but I can't think of one better.

Again, welcome, and hope to see more posts and pics soon.
        John Clary
        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Just straighten that one out. It can be done.
          And those fenders are gettin hard to find.

Comment

Working...
          X