Avanti Manual Window Regulators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: Avanti Manual Window Regulators

Anyone know of a source for manual window regulators for a 63 Avanti? How about going rate for a set of used mechanisms?

Using the search it seems they may be hard to come buy. Looking for a ballpark estimate.

Thanks!

Tired of electrical problems? Expensive motors? Poor performance?
    Bez Auto Alchemy
    573-318-8948
    http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Pure curiosity-how many original Avanti's were produced with manual windows, Avanti IIs?

Comment

Originally posted by karterfred88 View Post
        Pure curiosity-how many original Avanti's were produced with manual windows, Avanti IIs?
        Not enough!

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
          Not enough!
          My dad had a "transition" 63-64 with manuals, but all the cars I've tried to bid on were electric. Thankfully mine work, the regulators are bad-rollers and supports falling off but the motors are good.

Comment

Originally posted by karterfred88 View Post

My '78 has manual windows. Even better, it has no sunroof!
            Jim Bradley
            Lake Monticello, VA
            '78 Avanti II
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Red350DropTop View Post
              Anyone know of a source for manual window regulators for a 63 Avanti? How about going rate for a set of used mechanisms?

Using the search it seems they may be hard to come buy. Looking for a ballpark estimate.

Thanks!
              Contact Dan Booth. 248-349-4884. He has Avanti parts like no other.
              Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom in Yuma, AZ
              jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection

Comment

I always wondered if Lark or Hawk manual window regulators could be made to work in an Avanti

Comment

I always wondered if Lark or Hawk manual window regulators could be made to work in an Avanti
                  Having looked at the electric/manual Avanti winders and manual GT Hawk winders I have i'm sure you can make your own.
                  The manual winder portion of the Gt looks identical to the Avanti.
                  It looks like you could swap the appropriate bits over from the electric Avanti winder and the Gt winder and end up with manual Avanti winders.
                  Not sure if the Lark winder will work as I have not compared them.
                  pb

Comment

I found a set locally in a set of parts doors. Didn't know if I should get the whole doors and seperate the regulators. I was initially thinking no if I could source some replacements.

Comment

Nu Relics has new regulators (power only). Jeep Comanchee motors circa 1988 can be made to bolt tight up in place of the original motors, and rinky-dink cast gear housing of the original regulators, and are much much better. Stronger helper springs can be added from a newer Ford ecconoline van. Use lots of grease, and not the white lithium type either, and not heavy wheel bearing grease. Use moly engine assembly lube. Anything can be improved upon, and 60 year old windows especially!!!
                      Bez Auto Alchemy
                      573-318-8948
                      http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Red350DropTop View Post
                        I found a set locally in a set of parts doors. Didn't know if I should get the whole doors and seperate the regulators. I was initially thinking no if I could source some replacements.
                        if you want manual windows-grab them now-it may be years before others show up!

Comment

Originally posted by 63r2 View Post
                          Having looked at the electric/manual Avanti winders and manual GT Hawk winders I have i'm sure you can make your own.
                          The manual winder portion of the Gt looks identical to the Avanti.
                          It looks like you could swap the appropriate bits over from the electric Avanti winder and the Gt winder and end up with manual Avanti winders.
                          Not sure if the Lark winder will work as I have not compared them.
                          pb
                          That's good information......Thank you!

Comment

Not true, contact Jon Myer first.......then Booth.....anything purchased from Booth comes with the proviso that one has to take out a second or third mortgage on ones home, such are the costs of his parts:-(
                            Originally posted by paintim613 View Post
                            Contact Dan Booth. 248-349-4884. He has Avanti parts like no other.

Comment

I would hazard that more Studebaker Avantis were produced with manual windows than were produced with electric.
                              Not enough!

Comment

Working...
                              X