Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• StudeRich
    replied
    You just have to hope that what you have after 59 years truly IS the Original. I have seen way too many eBay Cars that the "seller" swears that something Like Interior (even Leather!), Paint etc. is "Original" and actually is not even close.

If this Car has been in your Family since New maybe you are sure, but many are not 100% sure.

The tire should be a Firestone (on about 90% or more '57's) and have the Black Rub strip around the Whitewall and be the narrower type of "Wide White" that does NOT protrude onto the Shoulder of the Tire like many of the Larger Size 15 Inch Coker Tires do.

Click image for larger version

Name:	57Commander_2dr_club_sedan.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	1705495 A Factory Photo of a 1957 with Wide White Firestones.

Click image for larger version

Name:	62Daytona and GT.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	134.3 KB
ID:	1705496 The last Year Model usage of that Style Tire,
    courtesy Dick Quinn.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 05-19-2016, 10:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• stude dude
    replied
    Yes, Studebaker always fitted their cars & trucks with a matching set of 5 tires. Use the original spare as a guide and perhaps you could post a photo so others could refer to it for accuracy.

Chris.

Leave a comment:

• Pdskinner
    started a topic Wheels / Tires: 1957 Golden Hawk Tiires

1957 Golden Hawk Tiires

I have an original spare tire for my 57' GH. Would the the white wall width be same on the spare as was on the four car tires originally? I am waiting on the new Auburn Diamondbak tire to be released in the fall. Should I go with the spare whitewall width, 2 1/2 inch, 3" or 3.5 inch. I think either 2 3/4 or 3 " looks the best . Would others agree or just simply duplicate the spare width
Working...
X