Horn wire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical: Horn wire

First off Hello folks it's been a while!

I'm re-wiring my 52 Champion and m horn wire broke off where it comes out of the steering column. Where does it come out under the hood? I cant seem for the life of me to see it.

Thanks in advance.
    I have a 1950 4 door Commander a 51 land cruiser And a 52 Champion
    sigpic
    I'll Tattoo you anytime!
    And you can find me at....

New Shop Name Same tattoo shop
    Crazy Lady Ink
    Shakopee Mn.
    952-445-3281
    27 years in the tattooing biz

It passes all the way thru the hollow steering shaft, and exits thru the bottom of the steering box.
    Dwight 54 Commander hardtop

Comment

I think Edsel is asking where does it go from the end of the steering column. If not, Dwight has answered.

Comment

the horn button on the wheel closes an open circuit ,hi the wire threads through the hollow colomb ,it supplies ground to the horns , if you take off the button and find the wire ,you can attach a new wire to it with tape and pull them through ,if it's broken off where you can grab the end in the fine compartment to draw the wire with ,if not take the wire out and use a piece of regular wire ,nice and straight ,like 16 gauge ,and feed it down the colom ,it's stiff enough where you can get it through this hole at the end and you can attach the insulated wire to it .igoes to the horn relay

Comment

Originally posted by 1954khardtop View Post
          It passes all the way thru the hollow steering shaft, and exits thru the bottom of the steering box.
          Thanks I thought it did But it broke off a while a go so its not the easiest things to get eyes on. Nor to thread a new one in to the tube from the bottom.

Thanks again New photos soon.
          I have a 1950 4 door Commander a 51 land cruiser And a 52 Champion
          sigpic
          I'll Tattoo you anytime!
          And you can find me at....

New Shop Name Same tattoo shop
          Crazy Lady Ink
          Shakopee Mn.
          952-445-3281
          27 years in the tattooing biz

Comment

It's not difficult to push some stiff mechanic's wire up the column from the bottom. Then attach a new horn wire to the mechanic's wire and pull it back down. The hole at the bottom is small, so sometimes it's easier to attach a string to the mechanics wire, then tape the new horn wire to the string.
            Skip Lackie

Comment

Working...
            X