X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• karterfred88
    replied
    Originally posted by allstateguy View Post
    my "wide pattern" (chevy) bellhousing came from an Avanti, according to the person I bought it from. Is this a mistake? or could it be from a 1963 Avanti using parts left over from 1962?
    Probably a mistake, as far as I know no Avanti ( R engine) received the Chevy pattern, not listed in parts book, only 1539373 listed which is the Ford pattern. Doesn't really matter anymore. It works better for a 5 speed conversion since all the Tremec TKO trannies use that pattern, but the "input shaft retainer hole diameter" is smaller. At least the bolt holes line up without an adapter.

Leave a comment:

• WCP
    replied
    Remember, the bulk of the "63 Avantis were built in 1962!

Leave a comment:

• PackardV8
    replied
    Originally posted by allstateguy View Post
    my "wide pattern" (chevy) bellhousing came from an Avanti, according to the person I bought it from. Is this a mistake? or could it be from a 1963 Avanti using parts left over from 1962?
    It's not unusual for these very old orphan cars to have parts swapped from different models, years and who knows what. I've seen an Avanti with a '61 259" engine and a Flightomatic.

jack vines

Leave a comment:

• allstateguy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Studebakercenteroforegon
    replied
    To correct the Studebaker model year information...All 1961/1962 Studebaker 4 speeds were the "wide" Chevrolet bolt pattern. Thus the bell housing was unique to these models. The 1963/1964 Studebaker 4 speeds were the Ford/Studebaker bolt pattern. Thus a V-8 3 speed/4 speed bell housing was the same and common.
    This is all confirmed in the Chassis Parts Catalog.

Leave a comment:

• karterfred88
    replied
    T10 Stude V8 Bells from 1960 to 1961 1/2 +/- have what is called a GM pattern trans bolt pattern, 62-64 T10 bells use a "Ford" style which I believe close to the older B-W manual 3 speeds. All the Stude T10s had a specific input shaft size, pilot bearing nose size and length, different from those in Chevy Ford etc.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• allstateguy
    replied
    I might be wrong, but I think <mid-63 was Chevy pattern, after was Ford (Stude). So T-10s came in two flavors as did the bellhousings.

Leave a comment:

• 289stude
    replied
    Specifically Studebaker T10 and Stude V8.

Leave a comment:

• vetteson
    replied
    Depends on the make. All Chevy manuals (Saginaw, T10, T5, Muncie etc) have the same pattern.

Leave a comment:

• 289stude
    started a topic Transmission / Overdrive: T10 4 spd. Bell housing??

T10 4 spd. Bell housing??

Are they different than standard V8 manual bell housings.
Working...
X