horn wire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical: horn wire

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the horn wire fits into the tube,but how does it get out of the tube at the bottom where it attaches to the steering box? This is a CK with power steering. Jim

From my limited experience with the Saginaw power steering set up, it isn't any fun. There's a spring loaded brush and a "contact plate" for it. The wire comes out the side above the actual gearbox and I think you need to work with the spring loaded setup to replace the wire. I don't know if there is a picture in the Chassis Parts Catalog, but that's where I would start.
    Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
    '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
    '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
    '62 GT Hawk (4 speed, A/C, Power steering - running and DRIVING!)

Comment

What year? My '61 Hawk comes out the bottom of the box in line with the column, with or without P/S. -Jim

Comment

On Saginaw power steering setups, the wire goes out with the turn signal switch wires, on the column. At least I think it does, it did on my Packard Hawk.
        Bez Auto Alchemy
        573-318-8948
        http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Sorry I wasn't clear; I was referring to the "integral" Saginaw units. The later cars that used the linkage type power steering with the control valve and the "ram", probably use the conventional column where the horn wire exits at the bottom of the column like the non power steering cars.
          Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
          '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
          '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
          '62 GT Hawk (4 speed, A/C, Power steering - running and DRIVING!)

Comment

Working...
          X