WCFB Air Flow Limit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine: WCFB Air Flow Limit

I'm thinking about installing valve springs, on my Sky Hawk 289, which will allow me to achieve 5,000-5,500. Will my Stock WCFB 2219 allow this sort of RPM, or will it have reached its airflow limit before this? Will R1/R2 springs get me to this RPM? I'm not going to "drive" at this RPM, but when necessary , I'd like to be able to shift at it. Will the Stock cam/valves allow this sort of RPM?..

Originally posted by 345 DeSoto View Post
    I'm thinking about installing valve springs, on my Sky Hawk 289, which will allow me to achieve 5,000-5,500. Will my Stock WCFB 2219 allow this sort of RPM,
    Yes

Will R1/R2 springs get me to this RPM?
    Yes

Will the Stock cam/valves allow this sort of RPM?..
    Sort of; but why shift at 5,500? The stock cam won't be making any more power above 4,800.
    PackardV8

Comment

Any recommendations for a "slightly warmer", not reground, cam? Torque is what I'm after, not high RPM HP...

Comment

Originally posted by 345 DeSoto View Post
        Any recommendations for a "slightly warmer", not reground, cam?
        Other than the NLA R1/R2 OEM cams, what you're describing doesn't exist and AFAIK, never has. All aftermarket Stude cams I've ever seen have been regrinds.

Torque is what I'm after, not high RPM HP...
        Then, higher compression, more cubic inches and better head work are the only ways to get there.

Even the R1/R2 cam moves the horsepower and torque peaks higher.

jack vines
        PackardV8

Comment

Well, Jack, I guess that pretty much says it all...the cam being the important part.

Comment

Working...
          X