Servicing Supercharger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel System: Servicing Supercharger

I posted on general discussion forum about who services Superchargers.
    But can someone tell me how to tell if if needs repair or service.
    Mine turns very freely with no drag unless i try to turn very very slow, then i feel some drag on the pulley. If I spin the pulley there is some noise, not much, but should there be any spin noise?

Thanks, Don
    sigpic
    58 Golden Hawk
    DSamborski
    Pillager, MN

see responses in your general discussion thread

Comment

should be 25 to 30 in.lbs. of drag while turning by hand. It should not spin freely!

Comment

thanks, doesn't really spin free, but pully doesn't come together when rpms are increased.
        sigpic
        58 Golden Hawk
        DSamborski
        Pillager, MN

Comment

Maybe you need to check the "Kick Down" solenoid if pulleys don't come together, also feel for roughness in bearing's and drive assy when turning. Luck Doofus

Comment

Got the blower today, got it tore down and ordered bearings. Oil pump is ok, races, output shaft, and balls will need to be replaced. The reason it spun so freeley, is someone made cardboard gaskets between the case halves, instead of replacing the O rings. Very sludged inside the case. Makes me wonder if anyone ever changed the oil. The solenoid is non functional, and the wire is not even there. The front pulley was sheared from the splines, and must have been wobbling for some time, as there is no trace of splines left where it is supposed to be attached to the pulley. There is a chunk broken out on the mounting flange of the case, where one of the bolts goes. I will Tig weld it up and it should be fine. I have all the parts in stock to repair it.
            Bez Auto Alchemy
            573-318-8948
            http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Working...
            X