Flow restricter bypass filter system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine: Flow restricter bypass filter system

Is there a flow restrictor in the supply line to the spin on bypass filter? If so what is the size of the orifice? Is there a cover plate available to cover the oil filler hole in the block when I remove the original stand-up cast iron fill pipe?

The restrictor should already be in the spin-on filter base. It is brass, in contrast to the base's aluminum. It looks like this:

The orifice dimension is approximately .046."

The block-off plate is available from Studebaker International. Part #1555680. $8.50. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Where is the flow restrictor in the NON spin off Stock canister system?

Comment

Originally posted by 345 DeSoto View Post
        Where is the flow restrictor in the NON spin off Stock canister system?
        Somewhere in the pressure line going into the canister, or right where the pressure is taken from the engine. The location of the restrictor varied on those installations. It makes no difference where it is located just so long as it is somewhere before the pressurized "dirty" oil gets to the filter, not after it. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
        "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post

The block-off plate is available from Studebaker International. Part #1555680. $8.50. BP
          I also need a block-off plate. I guess SI doesn't have them anymore. They won't accept the # on line anyway although it's in the catalog. Studebakers Northwest doesn't have it either. Does anyone have one they want to sell? I'd rather not whittle one.
          Mike

Comment

Working...
          X