Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• StudeRich
    replied
    As was already said, no fire at the Coil on a Car with a resistance Pink wire from the the Ign. Switch to the Coil means the Wire or it's connections are bad... USUALLY! So not usually the Ign. Switch.

Originally posted by ndynis View Post
    /Cut/Changed the ignition switch twice, once because it is impossible to install one of the repo switches in the dash where you have to screw the switch body into the bezel and then put the set screws in,/Cut/Nick
    Next time buy the Original Replacement Ign. Switch instead of the Replacement for the replacement!
    Last edited by StudeRich; 05-01-2016, 03:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ndynis
    replied
    Jeffry:
    Thanks. New points, condenser, cap and coil. I have an electric pump and today I plan to get under the car and see if it is getting fire. I know it isn't running when the switch is on so i don't know if it is fire or a bad pump (I always keep a spare since they don't last - plan to get a Fifth-Avenue pump next). Worked on it for two days now but can't keep it running. I changed the switch because I could run a jumper from the battery to the + side of the coil and it would run. Now I have fire at the coil but no fuel - hope it is only the pump.
    Forum is a great place for finding help!!
    Thanks again!
    Nick

Leave a comment:

• Jeffry Cassel
    replied
    Yes, use 60 diagram. It is not likely the switch. If its the resistance wire it'll start but then quit. Points will glaze over when sitting for a while. condensers a an often over looked problem. It is hard to find a good coil. Phil Harris can send you one (or a breakerless ign system) Got gas? Is it nasty old gas? Hope this helps. Be sure pts have a good ground.

Leave a comment:

• ndynis
    started a topic Electrical: 1961 Hawk Wiring Diagram missing?

1961 Hawk Wiring Diagram missing?

My shop manual (59-64) jumps from 1960 to 1962 when looking for a 1961 Hawk diagram. Do I have something missing (Fig. nos seem right) or are we suppose to use the 1960 model wiring diagram?
    Been pulling my hair out trying to get my Hawk to run. Changed the ignition switch twice, once because it is impossible to install one of the repo switches in the dash where you have to screw the switch body into the bezel and then put the set screws in, and then when I stole a working original out of my other hawk.
    Thanks for any help!
    Nick
Working...
X