No announcement yet.

Airtex WCFB kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I'm not exactly a boo-bird, but you get what you can get. How long will there even be a market for carb kits and mechanical fuel pumps? On tractors -maybe- for cars not likely, and wanting parts to withstand todays fuel for use in antiques, might be asking too much. If it weren't for the "cheap" Chinese, Indian, Mexican parts, we wouldn't have any-no profit in an item with little market. So we move on to "work-arounds", adaptations, improving the "junk" to work, and using what we can get and afford.

Comment

Originally posted by colt45sa View Post
      I like to read what the 'boo-birds' have to say, especially if it relates to their experience. My $65.00 wish is that some 'boo-bird' had posted a note here about what junk the Airtex fuel pump was. I could have then had my original pump professionally rebuilt saving not only the bucks but also the potential fire hazard their pump caused me. Let's hear it from the 'boo-birds' who have bought junk or have had a crummy experience with some advertised service.
      Finally, the voice of experience and TRUTH comes out, thank you for that Truth
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Originally posted by colt45sa View Post
        I like to read what the 'boo-birds' have to say, especially if it relates to their experience. My $65.00 wish is that some 'boo-bird' had posted a note here about what junk the Airtex fuel pump was. I could have then had my original pump professionally rebuilt saving not only the bucks but also the potential fire hazard their pump caused me. Let's hear it from the 'boo-birds' who have bought junk or have had a crummy experience with some advertised service.
        Finally, the voice of experience and TRUTH comes out, thank you for that Truth Richard.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Yup........
          HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I was told by an Airtex person that they were having issues with the Mexican products and were planing to bring back production to the US. I had two Chevy pumps fail.

Denny L

Comment

Working...
            X