Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hurst Shifter Install (Ford Pick-UP)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Transmission / Overdrive: Hurst Shifter Install (Ford Pick-UP)

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Shifter #1.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	133.9 KB
ID:	1750806Click image for larger version

Name:	Shifter #2.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	134.6 KB
ID:	1750807Click image for larger version

Name:	Shifter #3.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	136.9 KB
ID:	1750808After asking about which shifter fork was which, I went out in the garage and installed my Ford pick-up shifter on my Hawk, T86. Piece of cake...minimal fabrication involved.
    Last edited by 345 DeSoto; 04-25-2016, 02:19 PM.

  • #2
    Looks like it fit around the O.D. Solenoid Ok, that is usually the hard part. Which one of the many Hurst or Mr. Gasket shifter Models is this one?
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
      Looks like it fit around the O.D. Solenoid Ok, that is usually the hard part. Which one of the many Hurst or Mr. Gasket shifter Models is this one?
      On a truck, where the shifter can mount high and forward, as he said, it's cake. On cars, where most want the shifter down and back, is where the confluence with the OD gets problematic.

      jack vines
      PackardV8

      Comment


      • #4
        STUDERICH - It's a Hurst 501 0016, Indy Pick - Up Truck Shifter. Thanks to all the advise I got on the Forum when I asked about Shifters, this is what settled on. Bought it on ebay, slightly used, for under $100.

        Comment


        • #5
          Nice solid job!....I LOVE those Hurst floor shifters!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by PackardV8 View Post
            On a truck, where the shifter can mount high and forward, as he said, it's cake. On cars, where most want the shifter down and back, is where the confluence with the OD gets problematic.
            jack vines
            Well it's a Ford Truck shifter going in his '56 Sky Hawk Jack, so I wonder if fitting it to his Floor and Seat will be a problem in that position?
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
              Well it's a Ford Truck shifter going in his '56 Sky Hawk Jack, so I wonder if fitting it to his Floor and Seat will be a problem in that position?

              I think the shifter mechanism probably will be fairly high.....Might need some type of console around it.

              Comment


              • #8
                I have the exact same shifter and was thinking of dropping it into my 59 Hawk. Let me know how it works out for you.

                Comment


                • #9
                  SN-60 - If I need to, I can drop it down a bunch...

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X