No announcement yet.

need a temp sending unit for 283 v8?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool/Heat: need a temp sending unit for 283 v8?

where can i get a 3/4 size for 66 studie with the chevy style engine ? SI ,IS TO HIGH, checked my local orielly& auto zone , thay show 1/8'' 3/8'' on computor you would have to screw in adapter for 1/8'' , where can i get a stock one for that engine ? any idea s.?

Muck around in here and see if you can find one to your liking. http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...ender&_sacat=0

Rock auto will also have them

Not sure what SI charges but it's still good to support our venders.

As far as adapting a smaller unit, to me, as long as the sensor is inside the block/manifold/head and has the proper resistance, why not. I do that on most aftermarket manifolds as they come with larger NPT opening than most senders.

Bob

Comment

Are you sure it's not 1/2 NPT? Which connector style? Screw on with nut, single blade, double blade, slide on T. Most likely a Stewart Warner item, probably available from Summit and others as a replacement. Dual post ones go for about $25.00 single $15.00 for a Chevy impala 283.

Comment

Frederik, thanks for the reply, erading for it dont have it here at home , but the friend i am getting it from , masured it with his callipers came up to be about 3/4, i donr do chevys , but i rember that thay were big , i think now thay want you to use a unervical set up with a adapter , witch will bring it to far out of the block, dont think it will reed wright? it has a nut on the end, could be stock from factory, i will check Summit, rock auto & chevy guys here in the chevy club , hope i can find the right one thanks dan.

Comment

These are what I use. Just find the one that fits your application and motor on.

I agree with Fred, most likely a 1/2" NPT but stranger things have happened. National Pipe Thread would be about the 3/4" measurement as It uses pipe ID? dimensions not the threaded dimension. Welcome to the wonderful world of plumbing codes.
          Last edited by sweetolbob; 04-24-2016, 08:52 AM.

Comment

thanks guys ,going to oriellys tomorrow, found out that pipe size is very different than i am use to, also found out that the v8 289 or 259v8 in the back head ,are the same size as what i need for the chevy from 1 of my buddys in are club here , he give me th piece off of the back of a old head to take it ,miked out the same so if it screws in i am in , sence the car is in a not here in town, 30 miles away right now dannyo.

Comment

$36 from SI and Chuck Collins.

Chris.

Comment

Working...
              X