Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

lark wagon taillights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lark wagon taillights

new to this forum ,just logged in ,went quick and perfect.
    bought a 59 lark wagon on ebay this afternoon ,but found out that the car has no taillights so i need a set.
    Are they the same as the rest of the Larks or did i created a real problem .
    I had the plan to do an engine swap ,which engine is common to build in the car? (was thinking on a ford 5.0 ho mustang 1992).
    Are there discbrake sets for the lark or should i try to find something that can be fitted.?
    thanks in advance

Wagon tail lights are the same as all other Larks for '59 and like Mike says, they are available from a number of Studebaker Vendors. List here...

http://www.studebakervendors.com/

The Ford 5 liter has been done, but it has a front oil pan sump that gets in the way of the steering linkage and has to be modified. Also, it is longer than a small block Chevy and creates some unique fit problems. The small block Chevy is the most common swap. Still not easy...lots of engineering and fabrication required. The Stude V8 is a pretty good motor.

Disc brakes here...

http://www.turnerbrake.com/

...although again like Mike says, the stock V8 drum brakes are very good.

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

Mike sort of alluded to this, but I'll say it plain for you: The 6 cylinder Studes (cars) had physically smaller brakes than V8 cars. The V8 brakes off '54 and later Studes are about as good as it gets for drum brakes! Finned drums help a bit with cooling and consequent resistance to fading, but the advantage is only slight over the smooth drums.[^]

Miscreant adrift in
      the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
      X